The positions are located in the FAO Office at Sakrand, Benazierabad (Sindh), Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries, and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is at SB III SC5 level.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and the Provincial International Program Coordinator in Sindh, the Field facilitator, will report day-to-day to the Project Coordinator and livestock specialist of the relevant project. The Field facilitator will work as part of a technical team in Sindh as a programmatic approach, especially to the USAID project “Revival of Livelihood, Food Security, and Nutrition of the flood-affected population in Sindh.”
• Identify and coordinate selected Partner organizations and others with relevant stakeholders.
• Identify existing COs/CBOs and initiate community dialogue for project orientation, beneficence selection approved criteria and CRM. Ensure equal participation of all community members in the meeting (male/female/children, minority and disabled)
• Support the intervention planning and implementation process in consultation with the Livestock Department.
• Prepare and maintain all datasets, periodic reports, document case studies, and success stories and share with
• the line manager.
• Support in the preparation of IEC material, especially for project interventions.
• Handling beneficiary /stakeholders’ complaints/feedback mechanism.
• Support the MEAL team in post-intervention monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Any other duty or task assigned under the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Timely and quality achievement of project activities and results related to his/her responsibility.
• Project targeted villages/ beneficiaries in project areas identified/ registered, project interventions successfully applied.
• Target achieved for a number of persons trained in community development and livelihood restoration practices.
• Target achieved for the number of feed bags distributed
• Post-intervention monitoring surveys were conducted.
• Final report submission
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary / Animal Sciences.
• Minimum five years of relevant experience:
• Experience in community mobilization and community livelihood enhancement activities.
• Previous experience in monitoring activities, especially in the application of livestock intervention (vaccination, deworming, and other related activities)
• Working knowledge of English
• National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Excellent report writing skills and strong Communication skills.
• Remain open to change and have the ability to manage complexity.
• Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in a multicultural environment.
• Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize, and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment.
• Maturity and confidence in dealing with high-ranking officials of government institutions, international institutions, and non-government institutions.
• Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programs, operational guidelines and program/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO, would be considered an added asset.
• Good knowledge of the local language is desirable
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work