Job Opening ID: 224637
Job Network : Economic, Social and Development
Job Family : Programme Management
Category and Level : Consultants, CON
Duty Station : BEIRUT
Department/Office : Resident Coordinator System
Date Posted : Dec 26, 2023
Deadline : Jan 1, 2024
Result of Service
The expert will be responsible to complete and submit final monitoring and evaluation report for ongoing joint programmes, required visibility activities, procurement and organisation of workshops, missions and events. The expert will also be responsible to identify potential business areas for improvement, development of intervention for private sector development in the country, linkages/dialogues between UN agencies and formulate new areas of cooperation for new joint programmes.
UN-House RCO Lebanon
Duties and Responsibilities
The UN Resident Coordinator Office (RCO) aims to maximise, in a coordinated fashion, the work of the UNCT so that the system can provide a collective, coherent and integrated response to national priorities and needs, within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and other international commitments. There are five core functions for the UN RCO: Strategic planning; Development economics; Partnerships and development finance; Data and results management and reporting; Communications and advocacy. This consultancy will help feed into this role with specific focus on private sector development and related areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and supervision of the development coordination officer and partnership and development finance, the expert will carry out the following duties:
• Coordinate and facilitate the design, formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of joint programmes and programming processes for use in joint resource mobilization;
• Take proactive steps to promote linkages between UN agencies to promote private sector development in Lebanon;
• Plan and facilitate dialogues with partners to improve development assistance policies and practices for supporting private sector in Lebanon;
• Support in the coordination with the development coordination officer and partnership and development finance, the expert shall conduct liaison and coordination with UN entities at country, regional and HQ levels, to help package and define joint UN programs, to attract partners, both traditional and non-traditional;
• Coordinates the organization of the participatory workshops, field missions, closing ceremonies etc;
• Undertake any other activities as requested by the RCO.
An advanced university degree in economics, education, public policy, rural development, agricultural engineering or other related area is required.
All candidates must submit a copy of the required educational degree. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in the implementation of development/technical cooperation projects at national level, particularly in private sector development, rural development projects is required.
Experience in project coordination, including monitoring and evaluation of development/technical cooperation projects is desirable.
Experience in working with international agencies and/or NGOs on development projects and with the donor community in Lebanon is desirable.
Experience in dealing with local institutions and governments is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat; and Arabic is a working language of ESCWA.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Fluency in Arabic and Knowledge of French is desirable.
Note: “Fluency” equals a rating of ‘fluent’ in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of ‘confident’ in two of the four areas.