Non Family with Residential Location
Non Family with Residential LocationDanger Pay
Residential location (if applicable)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
January 10, 2024
Standard Job Description
Information Management Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Information Management Associate supports the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme information.
The incumbent operationalizes data standards developed at the central level in field operations, compiles and explores data from all populations of concern. S/he supports the Programme Team and UNHCR’s implementing partners in the choice of indicators for monitoring to be included in sub-agreements as well as the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
– Compile and aggregate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
– Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
– Produce summary statistics.
– Support the coordination of data collection teams.
– Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
– Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
– Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
– Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
– Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR Operatnl Dta Mgmt Lrng Prg;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
Experience in web design and software development is an asset. Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System), IM-Statistics Analysis, IT-Microsoft Excel
Information Technology – Other, Social Sciences – Other, Statistics – Other
Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Innovation & creativity, Organizational awareness, Teamwork & collaboration, Technological awareness
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance