Non Family with Residential Location
Non Family with Residential LocationDanger Pay
Residential location (if applicable)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
January 9, 2024
Standard Job Description
Durable Solutions Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Durable Solutions Associate reports to a more senior Durable Solutions or Protection colleague.
The incumbent is relied upon to contribute to the implementation of a durable solutions strategy. S/he works closely with protection, programme and field staff, contributes to fostering an environment to enhance partnerships is a critical element of the work, as are activities designed to strengthen the involvement of refugee communities and their hosts in the design and implementation of solutions strategies.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Provide counselling to refugees and other persons of concern (POC) to identify the most appropriate durable solution and to enable them to make a well-informed decision.
– Interview candidates for voluntary repatriation and prepare documentation for their return, in line with Voluntary Repatriation SOPs.
– Interview and prepare Resettlement Referral Forms (RRF), in line with Resettlement SOPs.
– Interview candidates for local integration and prepare the appropriate documentation for onward submission to local authorities or partners, in line with Local Integration SOPs.
– Assist in updating the electronic database for resettlement, voluntary repatriation and local integration, in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
– Process documentation to ensure that POC receive the documents required for their durable solutions in a timely manner.
– Prepare statistical and ad-hoc reports to ensure accurate information is available and shared with relevant offices and partners.
– Interview and advise on the appropriate durable solution to be provided to POC.
– Prepare documents relating to durable solutions.
– Enter information into available database, in line with SOPs.
– Draft and submit reports relating to durable solutions.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR Protection Learning Prg;
HCR Resettlement Lrng Prg;
HCR Protection Induction Prog;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Diverse field experience. Experience in interviewing.
IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
DM-Database Management, IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software
HCR Protection Induction Prog – UNHCR, HCR Protection Learning Program – UNHCR, HCR Resettlement Learning Program – UNHCR
Accountability, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Political awareness, Stakeholder management, Teamwork & collaboration, Technological awareness
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance