Job Opening ID: 224576
Job Network : Public Information and Conference Management
Job Family : Public Information
Category and Level : Professional and Higher Categories, P-3
Duty Station : NAQOURA
Department/Office : United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon
Date Posted : Dec 27, 2023
Deadline : Jan 2, 2024
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located within the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), based in UNIFIL Headquarters in Naqoura, South Lebanon. The TV/Video Producer will report to the Chief Strategic Communications and Public Information or his/her designate.
Within delegated authority, the TV/Video Producer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Perform principal video work covering the Mission’s activities liaising with the Mission’s civilian and military components; Produce, write, film and edit high-quality video feature pieces, documentaries, docuseries and interviews for broadcasting on TV stations, mission website and social media platforms as required;
• Coordinate and oversee the work of the video unit team and its productions;
• Conceive and implement regular public information campaigns; Draft proposals, scripts and treatments; identify and produce feature stories that directly relate to the mandate of the Mission; Propose programme formats, technique and innovative approaches;
• Coordinate with Social Media Team on the use of video on digital platforms to ensure appropriate posting of video content on web and social media platforms, including developing, driving and measuring the success of digital platform strategies for video; linking with Headquarter’s digital and social media platforms;
• Prepare budgets and monitor local TV broadcasting schedules and expenditure of TV/video productions, contribute and participate in procurement of equipment;
• Oversee maintenance and quality control of the Mission’s video archives. Provide stock footage, liaison services, as well as technical support to international and local press organizations;
• Solve technical production and broadcasting challenges and develop solutions. Work closely with in-house IT services and engineers for problem-solving, as well as ongoing improvement efforts related to efficiency and ease of creating and posting to all digital platforms; train and builds capacity of national staff;
• Strengthen partnerships with national broadcasters and partnerships through proactive information sharing and capacity building initiatives to elicit support for and maximize impact of public information objectives;
• Maintain daily contacts with news syndicators, broadcasters and other partners;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Excellent knowledge of the work of UN peacekeeping and its specialized agencies, funds and programmes; Substantial and diverse expertise in all areas of video production; Sound editorial judgment and political sensitivity; Deep knowledge of filming and editing, as well as detailed experience utilizing both in the creation of video products; Proven ability to conceptualize, write, create and produce creative television productions, as well as other multimedia products; familiarity with the TV news broadcasting industry; Proven experience developing and managing on-line and social media presence. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology
Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in journalism, communications, broadcasting, public relations, international relations, computer science, or a related area is required. A first-level university degree within combination two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Job – Specific Qualification
Technical training in video production is desirable.
Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in video production. Experience in multimedia, social media and digital communication platforms and in filming and editing video products is required.
Experience in working in a United Nations peacekeeping mission or a comparable organization in coordinating activities with civilian and military personnel is desirable.
Experience working in a post-conflict or developing country is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of French is desirable.