icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. As a values-based organization, icddrb encourages women and people with disabilities.
icddr,b is involved in researches as well as patient management. Nutrition rehabilitation unit of icddr,b provides dietary and psychosocial stimulation to the severely malnourished children admitted in the unit. The unit has a structured guideline to follow the children discharged from here.
The health Assistant will report to Physician in charge of NRU and will be responsible for:
- Document detailed information on socio-economic status including vaccination status of children and mother, family planning, perform anthropometry of children;
- Ensure medication, feed and management of children at NRU;
- Dispense medicine at NRU and NFU as per treatment guidelines/ protocols;
- Check patients with signs of intoxication; Perform bed side sugar assessment if required;
- Ensure nutritional follow up;Assist doctor in treating patients with fluid or medication;
- Provide first aid services;
- Arrange training for the newly hired health workers and outreach workers;
- Conduct the training program as per standard guidelines;
- Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization;
- Encourage team members to collaborate across areas;
- Address and resolve any diversity related issues;
- Conduct regular vaccination of children and mothers in the EPI corner;
- Conduct family planning activities including distribution of contraceptives, consultation and advice.
Required qualification and experience:
- Diploma in nursing and midwifery with a valid registration from Bangladesh Nursing Council.
- 2 years’ experience in related field.
Location: Dhaka Hospital, Mohakhali
Contract Type and duration:
- Fixed term basis for 2 years with a possibility of extension subject to availability of fund and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual Tk. Annual Tk. 4,30,410/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance, and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by 6th January, 2024.