Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)
A (least hardship)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
CONTR International Senior Level Professional
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
January 29, 2024
Terms of Reference
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is initiating this job requisition to attract qualified candidates – based in the Americas – for the Videographer Roster within the Regional Bureau for the Americas to provide videographic services.
The roster comprises a pool of experienced professionals available for hire on a need basis. Videographers will be responsible for producing videos showcasing UNHCR field trips, campaigns, human interest stories, inteviews, UNHCR events, etc., to be featured on UNHCR’s website, YouTube, social media channels, and other platforms.
Selected candidates will be included in the regional roster of videographers, eligible for potential field trips within the Americas and the Caribbean region. These field trips, dedicated to content gathering, aim to shed light on the situations experienced by people who have been forced to flee their homes and stateless persons, showcasing UNHCR’s efforts in providing protection, assistance, and solutions to these populations.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Officer, the leader of the communications team at UNHCR’s Regional Office for the Americas and the Caribbean, selected candidates will work closely with UNHCR’s Multimedia Content Production team.
While this does not constitute an offer of employment, inclusion in the videographer roster facilitates swift hiring by UNHCR when needed and will ensure consistent application of UNHCR’s visual style.
• At least 5 years of experience in producing videos (film and edit) for international organizations and/or NGOs operating in the humanitarian and international development cooperation sectors.
• At least 2 years of experience in producing videos (film and edit) for international media, with a preference for those covering humanitarian issues.
• Experience in filming stories of forcibly displaced people is an asset.
• Proficient use of professional video cameras and equipment.
• Professional knowledge of technical requirements for filming in various settings: outdoor, indoor, conferences, and group activities.
• Mastery of composition, lighting, and framing techniques.
• Technical ability and skill to creatively conceal the identity of the subject where necessary is an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of videographic post-production tools and software.
• Ability to write captions, shotlist and detailed metadata for videos in both English and Spanish; captions should be embedded in the JPEG images.
• Advanced fluency in Spanish and English; proficiency in Portuguese is an asset.
• Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS) is a plus.
• Videographer should use his/her own professional equipment for filming and video editing/processing.
• Videographer will abide with the UNHCR copyright rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should include a curriculum vitae (individual) and motivation letter in English. The application should also include two written references and a link to the candidate’s online portfolio, Website, and/or VIMEO account (or a similar platform).
In the motivation letter, candidates are encouraged to indicate any experience in producing documentaries, as well as details about their dissemination in documentary film festivals and/or streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon, HBO, etc.
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance