Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster – like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this full-time permanent position, based in Nairobi, Kenya you will work to ensure accurate and efficient administrative, secretarial and general support is provided to all members of a global team. You will be part of our Climate Change Division team and report to our Head of Operations.
You will make an impact by:
· Providing general administrative support, including document management, arranging staff travel, coordinating report data, management of consultant contracts
· Coordinating events with external stakeholders and internal team meetings
· Ensuring all filing and information-sharing systems are kept up-to-date
· Seeking improvement in operational processes of the division
· Support Project Manager and Awards Coordinator with key systems and processes as required
Does this sound like you?
You’re an adaptable, highly organised all-rounder, with a high level of attention to detail and a can-do manner. You’re pragmatic, organised, efficient, and are comfortable in taking ownership and responsibility when it’s required. Being able to notice the smaller details while also being two steps ahead is a skill that you’ve honed throughout your career.
This role requires:
· Strong skills in interpersonal communication, collaboration and facilitation
· Demonstrated skills in planning, organising, and coordinating team members and resources
· Significant general administration experience
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· High level of attention to detail and quality
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
· Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
· Internal employment and development opportunities
· Friendly and flexible work environment
For more information regarding our employee benefits, please follow this link.
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the ‘Apply’ section.
Applications close 4pm AEDT, Wednesday 31st January 2024.
Position Description – Climate Change Division, Programme Coordinator
Save the Children is committed to providing and maintaining a safe working environment for its employees and client groups, consistent with our obligations under OH&S legislation.
We have tested our application process with diverse groups in mind, with the intent to ensure it’s straightforward and accessible for all to apply. Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and improve our ability to reach our most vulnerable client groups. But we also know there is no one-size fits-all when it comes to recruitment – so if we didn’t quite hit the mark for you, please let us know! We’re dedicated to ensuring Save the Children Australia is a workplace suitable for all people and can modify our processes to suit you – no matter your race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality, neurodiversity, culture and beliefs.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. We also support the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.