National Consultant – Data Monitoring and Visualization
Job Opening ID: 225214
Job Network : Information and Telecommunication Technology
Job Family : Information Management Systems and Technology
Category and Level : Consultants, CON
Duty Station : CHISINAU
Department/Office : Resident Coordinator System
Date Posted : Jan 11, 2024
Deadline : Jan 19, 2024
Result of Service
– Support the development of the Annual Result report with visualization charts (01.02.2024-29.02.2024)
– Power BI training sessions for the RCO team and other UN staff organized and update of CCA document in selected sections and charts (01.03.2024-31.03.2024)
– Assist the RCO in the development of the CCA update document and provide support on relevant data and visuals (01.04.2024-30.04.2024)
– Assist the UNCT in their participation in the Data Surge Team for the testing of interoperability in UNINFO (01.05.2024-31.05.2024)
– Common Country Analysis dashboard update and maintenance (01.07.2024-31.07.2024)
– Integrate the 2024 JWP into the UN INFO Moldova dashboard updates (01.09.2024-30.09.2024).
6 months in the period February- September 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
The position is located in the United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) in Moldova. The RCO is responsible for the overall coordination of the activities of the United Nations Country Team (UNCT), which comprises all the UN agencies working on development activities in Moldova. United Nations Moldova work closely with national implementing partners to advance the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development Goals.
To track evidence of and to advance progress on the 2030 Agenda at the country level, the UNCT and national implementing partners generate various tailored data and analytical products.
The RCO is now looking to contract a Service Provider for developing an online platform for the visualization and reporting of the data, and for continuous data collections to inform the platform.
The Consultant is expected to work closely with the RCO Team and staff of UN agencies to make a substantive contribution to the work of the UNCT on data management, monitoring and visualization.
Under the guidance of and with support from the RCO, the consultant will have the following responsibilities:
1. Update the Joint Work Plan (JWP) dashboard with collected data from UN agencies through the UN Info portal in alignment with the current Country Framework;
2. Update and maintain the information dashboard developed with Power BI on a quarterly basis, in alignment with the Country Common Analysis (CCA) and the UN Development Cooperation Framework (UNDCF). Maintain the repository with related data on SharePoint;
3. Provide support to the RCO in participating in the Data Surge Team;
4. Facilitate increased capacities and skillsets of RCO staff through capacity building sessions on Power BI and other applications, as needed;
5. Provide support to the RCO in updating the economic section in the UNCT SharePoint.
6. Provide substantive support to the RCO team with data mining, and subsequent modeling, analyzing and visualization with Power BI;
7. Provide support to UN Agencies with visualization of various data products.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Science is required
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in data analysis is required;
Experience in research and data collection in the local context, desirably on sustainable development topics is required.
Good knowledge of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the SDGs, and familiarity with their implementation at the country level is required.
Proven analytical skills; efficient in observing deadlines and achieving results; teamwork player are desirable;
Fluency in English, Russian and Romanian is required