- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the officer positionis day to day implementation of the CC Project. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
These responsibilities shall be adaptedto the particularities of the job locationand context, phaseof operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Deliver genericinformation sessions (GIS), legal awareness sessions (LAS) and individual counselling to beneficiaries on various topics of ICLA thematic areas.
- Prepare and support provision of legal assistance services to NRC beneficiaries.
- Participate in field activities as per ICLA implementation plan
- Provide direct field support and coaching to ICLA volunteers who conduct beneficiary identification and provide information services in line with NRC regulations and Code of Conduct
- Facilitate collaborative dispute resolution (CDR) for beneficiaries and ensure proper case file preparation, prior to CDR interventions.
- Provide beneficiaries with the accompaniment services to the Civil Status and Passport Department (CSPD) and other related institutions where relevant.
- Act as a focal point for external referralsand service mappingin his/her assigned geographical area of operation and ensure regular update of mapping pathways
- Conduct qualityassurance exercises as requested by ICLA Team Leader and ICLA Coordinator
- Coach and provide training to team members and volunteers in line with the results of the quality assurance exercises
- Lead and manage the volunteers’ modalityincluding volunteers’ recruitment and induction process, training and refreshers as needed, quality check and monitoring exercises, documentation & reporting, and coordinating monthly payments with NRC Finance unit
- Provide any other tasks as requested by the line manager
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolioaccording to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects targetbeneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
By interfaces, NRC meansprocesses and projectsthat are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Staff capacitybuilding: CC Specialists, HR Development Officer
- Implementation: CC Specialists and support team
Scale and scope of position
Stakeholders: local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies)
Information: ICLA Database and office 365
Legal or compliance: term of employment
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or higher Years of Experience: 2
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluent English and Arabic, both written and verbal, Internal reports and correspondence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computerskills
- Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful peopleare in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecureenvironment