The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) works closely with the Government of Tanzania to provide policy advice, credible, up-to-date information, and technical expertise on food security and natural resource management through the Country Programming Framework (CPF) 2022-2027. The FAO Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD), in collaboration with the Government, aims to strengthen the country’s veterinary services capacities for prevention, detection and rapid response to emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, Endemic priority zoonotic diseases, Trans-boundary animal diseases and Antimicrobial Resistance. The position will support, mainly the ECTAD programme.
Within the framework of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD), under the overall supervision of the Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO)/Chief, Animal Health Service (AGAH)/, the functional and administrative supervision of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, and the direct supervision of the ECTAD Country Team Leader in Tanzania the incumbent will:
The incumbent will provide technical support on data collection, collation, storage, analysis, mapping, interpretation and reporting of animal health events.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Support/ coordinate implementation of surveillance activities, especially in the Mara and Kigoma Regions.
• Support implementation and data analysis of other thematic areas especially AMR, Zoonoses, Surveillance, Human Resource activities in collaboration with the project theme leads.
• In consultation with M&E officer, map ECTAD Tanzania’s national presence (activities, interventions, successes, etc.)
• In consultation with project theme leads, identify, coordinate and lead in generation and analysis of economic data to inform policy interventions.
• Support project thematic leads to design and implement various surveys / case studies and develop publishable reports/ manuscripts.
• Submit a final technical report upon completion of the assignment to the ECTAD Team Leader and the FAOR
• Perform other duties, as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced University degree in areas of Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, socioeconomics, statistics, business administration, Animal Health, Epidemiology or related field.
• At least 5 years of work experience in livestock development, including data collection and analysis.
• Work experience in livestock system analysis and policies.
• Excellent command of English and Swahili.
• National of the United Republic of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Skills and experience in utilization of software (s) for data analysis.
• Skills and experience in utilization of software (s) for generation of maps drawn to scale.