Job title: Human Resource and Admin Assistant
Reporting to: Base Manager
Location: Rhino Camp
Overall purpose of the role:
To support in handling HR tasks and maintain staff information in compliance with administrative procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in adherence to national acts and legislation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resource Management.
- Management of Casual contracts, timesheets and follow-up on payments
- Support the Programme leads on the recruitment processes and organize Interview venues.
- Support in On-boarding the new staff (booking accommodation, organizing induction and orientation).
- Ensure all required documents during recruitment are archived and shared with HR Department
- Ensure that vacancy adverts are announced in the field locations.
- Distribute information about open vacancies to all staff and announce them on the local notice board promptly.
- Tracking casual contracts and inform the Human Resource and Administration officer in Arua on the expiry dates in timely manner.
- Consolidate the staff leave tracker for Rhino camp and Imvepi field offices and submit to Human Resource and Administration officer for review.
- Ensure all complaints raised by the staff regarding welfare, Medical insurance etc is flagged to the Base manager or Human Resource and Administration Officer-Arua
- Ensure the line managers/Supervisors are reminded on the probationary and Annual review for the staff they line manage.
- Receive the casual payroll and review them at field level before submission to Human Resource and Administration Officer Arua.
- Timely requisition of office supplies that as stationery, beverages and cleaning materials etc. as well as receiving and releasing them.
- Submitting weekly/monthly reports on the use of office supplies in the mini store and inform the Base Manager on restocking.
- Management of Office, Compound and Washrooms. Work closely with the Cleaners to ensure Office and Washrooms are kept tidy at all times, ensure tea/coffee is served in timely manner.
- Collaborate with Base Manager in organizing Seminars, meetings and other events at the location.
- Taking minutes of staff meetings/events and ensure the minutes are shared before the next meeting.
- Act as a focal person in receiving visitors and guide them to the respective offices.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondences and share them with Base manager in timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate filing system including Casuals, administrative payments, administrative bills, TAF, guest travel schedules.
- Oversee the smooth flow of routine, administrative work in Field office and ensure office and personnel policies are following the DRC administrative manual and national HR policy.
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of Office and Residence equipment and other facilities including payment of utilities, equipment maintenance and repairs, garbage collections, lease payments, inventory management in both the office and the residences and other related bills under this bracket.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventories for office consumables, stationery and residences inventories.
- Manage security guard’s attendance lists in the field and ensure they are submitted for approval in timely manner.
- Support in drafting the RIFs for Casual workers (Cleaners, drivers, etc).
- Time to time coordinate with HR and Administration Officer on support required from Arua Office.
- Attend to any other duties assign.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least two years’ work experience in the field of Human Resources and Administration in NGO sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications (Excellent computer skills)
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and stress.
- Ability to work independently on his or her initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Dynamics is an added advantage
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, industrial psychology, Business Administration or related field.
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 30th January 2024.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.