Job title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Reporting to: Support Services Manager
Overall purpose of the role:
Facilitate the efficient and effective financial operation and administration roles of DRC field office and ensure compliance with DRC rules and regulations as described in the Operations Handbook (OH) alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, check the eligibility of invoices presented in payment, identifying mistakes and missing documentation to be completed in compliance with DRC procurement procedures and budget monitoring;
- Accurately prepare the necessary documents, compile source documents and submit complete documentation to the Finance Assistant daily for postings of all the paid transactions in the cash book
- Check the justification of operational advances before making payment and ensure of the settlement in a reasonable time.
- Track cash advances and ensure no outstanding advance for over a period of a month
- Ensure monthly scanning of the accounting documents and save them on finance drive.
- Update monthly the scan report and share it with the Senior Finance Officer at Arua.
- Ensure that the withholding taxes is well calculated, recorded in the cash book and paid at monthly basis.
- Participate in audits preparation/execution (compilation of audit requirements)
- Implement financial policies and procedures in accordance with DRC Operational Handbook.
- Makes all payments, process approved payments of supplier / service provider invoices on the basis of complete documentation for bank and cash.
- Makes/ responsible for all field cash transactions, physically makes payments in the field /or follow up closely on proper accountabilities for all field cash expenditures
- Prepares Payment Vouchers for all payments.
- Establish the cash requirements, and maintain adequate cash levels and related cash controls, safe custody of safe keys
- Responsible for banking activities and ensure custody of available funds
- Maintain financial files (physical and soft copies) and records according to DRC Operations hand book.
- Support in all the administrative and clerical duties as pertain to the office and respond to inquiries.
- Ensures cleanliness and decorum of the office premises and surrounding.
- Monitor and control the utilization of office consumables and stationery
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Inventory / Asset list of the organization
- Ensures office equipment and premises are in a usable condition
- Support Human Resource and Admin officer in HR aspects including payroll updates, leave tracking, travel and orientation planning at field level.
- Support Human Resource and Admin Officer in ensuring staff are familiar with DRC complaints mechanism.
- Support in the Management, Supervision and capacity building for staffs such as the cleaners.
- Ensure that staff upholds the DRC’s Code of Conduct.
- Support in recruitment process of community Based Incentive workers and Volunteers.
Experience and technical competencies:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience of working with NGO is added advantage
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a team to achieve work priorities and objectives.
- Enthusiasm as a team player, who is flexible, always ready to take on new challenges and drives for results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and deliver under pressure
- A Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Etc.) is considerable
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, accounting or related field
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 30th January 2024.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.