|Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Principal, Agile Delivery Manager will co-ordinate and be responsible for leading a maximum of 6x agile teams in a Capability area to deliver value and quality in line with the required standards and practice. This role is responsible for delivery but also is required to participate in the community of practice set by the AD, Agile Delivery Manager.
Accountabilities & Responsibilties
- Align to all aspects of delivery governance, including but not limited to stage gates, budgets, financial controls, steering group presentation, service design and service transition.
- Work closely with the Scrum team Product Owner(s) to build a clear roadmap for delivery, aligned to value.
- Day to day delivery management of the work required to deliver value incrementally and iteratively
- Facilitate cross-functional groups to plan and deliver initiatives – identifying which methodology best fits the needs and style of the team.
- Make sure initiatives are appropriately resourced with the skills and expertise to meet their needs.
- Coordinate up to 3 initiatives at anyone time to ensure there is a clear pipeline of work to be delivered for each.
- Follow and deliver to the standards set by the Agile Delivery practice to ensure
- All delivery risks and issues are captured, with appropriate mitigation
- Delivery teams have the resource needed and forecast to be effective
- Report progress status as per requirements by the PMO (Project governance)
- All project artefacts are completed to a high standard to meet all governance criteria
- Shine a light back on to the delivery teams by making all delivery metrics visible
- Work with peer network and heads of practice to align to all department standards
- In guidance with the AD, Delivery Manager, determine the correct methodology to follow for successful delivery of value and outcomes.
- Work closely with project sponsors and key stakeholders to keep them informed and drive the correct outcome
- Facilitate the preparation of business cases, when appropriate
- Follow and enhance agile delivery methodologies and help build understanding and capability across all teams.
- Responsible for contributing to the community of practice for Agile Delivery Managers
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- The post holder should have significant experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an IT discipline or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Good experience of managing, multi-team, agile development initiatives
- Good practitioner knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and lean methodologies coupled with a practical understanding of the principles of agile and the processes behind effective product delivery.
- Effective communicator; Adapt at conveying technical detail in a non-technical manner
- Good experience of servant leadership; either from an Agile PM, Agile Delivery or Scrum mastering background
- Good at building relationships within the project teams
- Resilient – with the ability to stay the course to deliver initiatives as per plan.
- A proven track record in delivering continuous value within agreed constraints. Expected to have delivered at least 2 agile programmes of £5M or more
- Experience of managing dispersed teams
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Experience of 3rd party stakeholder management
- An understanding of commercial arrangements, such as preparation of Statements of Work
- In line with Facts and Scale, experience of end-to-end delivery of initiative owning all aspects of it including budget management, recruitment, scoping, planning, tracking and brining to closure.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.