IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Singapore office is looking to recruit an experienced Program Assistant who will provide a full range of executive support functions to support the Regional Industry Director for Asia and the Pacific region. The Program Assistant’s responsibilities include administrative management and coordination, quality assurance (i.e. documents, processes, etc.), liaison with internal external and external executives, and general research and reference work. S/he will also play a lead coordination role with other Administrative Client Support staff in the Asia & Pacific Region. This role requires a motivated and mature individual who can successfully work with teams across departments and geographies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for time management and scheduling, including (i) effective prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing departments; (ii) monitoring and communicating changes and other information to the appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including IFC stakeholders; and (iii) performing desktop research and presentations for speaking engagements, interviews, media and communications etc. Ensure appropriate follow-through on administrative and support actions, decisions and commitments made by Management by working with parties responsible for implementation.
• Provide full logistical and secretarial support, including (i) arranging travel schedules; (ii) organizing meetings, senior management visits and knowledge-sharing events (iii) maintaining up-to-date work unit projects and other files (both paper and electronic); (iv) providing primary assistance in the implementation of the office’s work program, including task management, filing and database management for record-keeping, editorial assistance and other general administrative tasks etc.
• Drafting routine correspondence and proofreading materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style. Using word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution. Incorporating agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
• Making travel arrangements for the team, including travel itineraries, hotel arrangements, ground transportation, visa arrangements, etc. Coordinating with travel agency and other regional offices to ensure that logistical arrangements for the trips are well planned and prepared. Maintaining and regularly distributing accurate schedules of staff travel and visiting missions
• Develop shared tracking tools and disseminate knowledge and best practices to ensure the efficient delivery of administrative and support services.
• Organizing office and business-related events and training programs, including procurement, contract management, processing vendor invoices and purchase orders, F&B catering, invitations, RSVPs, registrations, travel-related and visa arrangements for overseas participants, and coordination with Facilities and IT team on logistical set-up.
• Tracking assigned tasks/project steps/timetables, coordinating with relevant staff, and providing assistance and/or information on project-related matters. Maintaining up-to-date work unit projects and other files (both paper and electronic).
• Participating in regular ACS staff meetings and sharing responsibility with other ACS team members to prepare agendas, chair meetings and share relevant information. Providing updates and follow up on any identified action items. Promoting cooperation within ACS community and suggesting ways to enhance work organisation and effectiveness.
• As part of a co-located (World Bank and IFC) office in Singapore and in the Pacific Region works collaboratively with ACS staff across all WBG offices.
• Providing back-up support to other ACS peers in their absence or during periods of heavy workload.
• Undertake any other tasks assigned by Country Manager to support the local office / business needs in the Asia-Pacific region and across IFC.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials independently.
• Experienced working within tight deadlines and under pressure; the flexibility to work overtime during peak periods on short notice.
• Ability to work and coordinate with teams across remote locations.
• Demonstrated capacity to multitask and prioritize workload, work with minimal supervision with initiative and resourcefulness.
• Ability to follow through team’s priorities and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment, tact, and a high level of discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
• Proactive self-starter, outstanding interpersonal skills, and sound judgment to effectively deal with staff at all levels.
• Full proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
• Proficiency and prior experience in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.