Post of duty: Washington DC- USA
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position:
We are looking for an operational support consultant that will provide support to the gender and diversity strategic alignment validation process and provide support to aspects of the implementation of the new GDAP 2022 – 2025. Additionally, this consultant will support operational-related tasks (such as technical cooperation preparation and execution) as well as other analytical or mainstreaming tasks required by the division chief or other team members.
You will work in the Gender and Diversity Division (GDI) part of the Social Sector (SCL). The team’s mission is to promote: (a) gender equality and empowerment, (b) development with identity of indigenous peoples, and (c) the inclusion of African descendants, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals. It supports Bank operations, provides policy and strategic guidance, and carries out technical assistance and training.
What you’ll do:
· Review project documents (loans and investments grants) at Eligibility Review Meeting (ERM) stages and identify projects that include, or have the potential to include, gender and diversity analysis, actions, and results indicators.
· Review project documents (loans, investments grants and technical cooperation) at Quality Review (QRR) stage and provide support to GDI specialists in assessing the quality of gender and diversity strategic alignment based on the parameters established by the CRF and the CRF technical guidance note.
· Review CDC’s and Cs’s documents and provide support in assessing the quality of gender and diversity mainstreaming.
· Encourage disaggregation of beneficiary indicators in all projects with identifiable beneficiaries.
· Review approved project documents (loans, grants and TCs) and maintain an updated list of Bank projects with gender and diversity diagnostics, activities, and indicators.
· Coordinate with GDI and SPD to ensure consistency of gender and diversity strategic alignment and reporting.
· Support in providing information and maintenance of GDI mainstreaming analytical tools.
· Prepare quarterly reports documenting projects reviewed, dates of ERMs and QRRs, comments and support provided, and tally of projects that support gender and diversity, a list of gender and diversity activities included in project designs, a list of gender and diversity results indicators, and tally of projects with disaggregated indicators.
· Produce inputs for a report on GDAP progress when need it.
· Support the proper preparation and execution of GDI technical cooperations portfolio, including supporting the elaboration of TC annual reports when needed.
· Support in the elaboration of corporate reports when needed.
· Support in other analytical or operational tasks when needed
What you’ll need:
· Education: Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Policy, International Development or another related field to the responsibilities of the role.
· Experience: At least 5 years of progressive experience working with aspects of development, finance, and equity (gender and/or diversity). Deep knowledge of EXCEL and other Office tools. The consultant should have the ability to work independently as well as in a team in a proactive and highly responsive manner. The consultant should understand how to effectively communicate information through charts and graphs. Experience at the IDB is preferred.
· Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
· Strong analytical skills in Spanish and English.
· Demonstrated experience in policy analysis applied to international development operations.
· Familiarity with operational activities and policies that can support gender equality, the development of identity of indigenous peoples, and the inclusion of persons with disabilities, and African descendants.
· Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
· Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
· Type of contract: International Consultant Full-Time
· Length of contract: 13.5 months
· Work location: On site
What we offer:
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
· A competitive compensation packages.
· Leaves and vacations: 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave
· Health Insurance: the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
· Savings plan: The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
· We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
· Hybrid and flexible work schedules
· Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
· Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
· Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group:
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.