Post of duty: Washington, D.C. – USA
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
We are looking for a qualified, proactive and experienced individual to work in the Transport Division (INE/TSP). As Data Scientist and Digital Transformation Consultant, you will Support the Transport Division (INE/TSP) in the design, development and scaling of AI solutions and the execution of its Digital Transformation Strategy and action plan.
This consultancy will be under the supervision of Jairo Alexander Riobo (INE/TSP).
If any travel is required during this consultancy, it will be in coordination with the supervisor.
What you’ll do:
· Contribute and participate in the design, development, and scale of proofs of concept (POCs), prototypes, pilots, and digital tools that include application and use of new and innovative technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Generative AI, among others. This activity includes scaling of Pavimentados and VíaSegura to different countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
· Contribute and participate in the design of a digital component for loan operations aimed to foster digital transformation of transport agencies in the region. This activity will include research on best practices on the use of data and technology to streamlines processes in transport agencies of developed countries.
· Propose and advise on operational tools, prototypes, courses and training that can contribute to improve digital components of TC and Loan operations. This work will include coordination with ITE’s TechLab and with team leaders of various operations.
· Play an active role in raising awareness about the advantages of digital transformation within infrastructure sectors across Latin America and the Caribbean, while simultaneously facilitating training in emerging technologies for INE specialist and entities.
· Contribute to and work with the IDB’s digital transformation program, specifically in the execution of the epics related to executing operational integration, communication, cultural, and awareness activities. Conduct agile methodology training in INE and define best practices for the operational process. Participate in the design of the specialist journey to generate value and efficiency in the decision-making process.
· Generate valuable insights by identifying and evaluating relevant data sources and defining methodologies for cleaning and analysing collected data in the context of emerging issues and transparency of operation in TSP.
· Develop strategies that employ innovative and practical solutions.
· Prepare reports, presentations and documents that support TSP´s efforts to promote digital transformation in the infrastructure services.
What you’ll need
· Education: Background in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or related areas. Master’s degree in business administration, Innovation Management, Technology Management, Technology Strategy, Policy and Technology, Data Science, Statistics, or related areas.
· Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in implementing information and digital technology projects, developing strategies, and delivering data-driven solutions for clients. Preferred candidates should possess knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure sector, along with proficiency in Python/R.
· Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
· Learn continuously.
· Collaborate and share knowledge.
· Focus on clients.
· Communicate and influence.
· Innovate and try new things.
· Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
· Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
· Type of contract: International Consultant Full-Time.
· Length of contract: 12 months.
· Work Location: On site.
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
· A competitive compensation packages.
· Leaves and vacations: 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
· Health Insurance: the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
· Savings plan: The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
· We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
· Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
· Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
· Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
· Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
· A competitive compensation packages.
· A flexible way of working. You will be evaluated by deliverable.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.