- Job-ID: V000057659
- Location: Yaoundé
- Assignment period: 05/01/2024 – 12/31/2024
- Field: Forestry, Biodiversity, Oceans
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 02/18/2024
The project supports the Ministries of Forestry and Environment in Cameroon in the implementation of their national programs. A key contribution is the consolidation of methodological approaches and models to ensure inclusive, sustainable and climate-sensitive management of Cameroon’s environment and forest resources by local actors in selected communities and to contribute to value creation. The program’s advisory services are provided at national, regional and local level and are aimed at both ministry staff and representatives of communities, civil society and the private sector.
- Support the development and promotion of NTFP value chains in the Center and East region of Cameroon
- Support the target group (women cooperatives) in their organizational development
- Develop and implement capacity building measures
- Assist women cooperatives in administrative management as well as planning, budgeting and monitoring their activities
- Support the management of NTFP processing units
- Jointly, in close cooperation with partners, design and develop inclusive, sustainable and climate sensitive management solutions
- Contribute to the programs impact-oriented monitoring
- Contribute to the programs activities in environmental sensitization/education and gender & inclusion
- University qualification (Master) in the field of forestry, ecology, environmental sciences, economics or any other relevant field of study
- Initial experience in development/international cooperation
- Experience abroad, ideally in francophone Africa, and experience working in intercultural contexts
- High degree of self-organization, flexibility, creativity
- Proactive work style; strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Teamwork and networking skills combined with the talent to think conceptually and analytically
- Very good knowledge of French and English, knowledge of German language is an advantage
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Cameroon.
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. Please note that the general and personal living conditions in the country of assignment may meet with different legal and social acceptance. We gladly support you with our many years of experience.
Please also refer to the country-specific information provided by the German Foreign Office at http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
Please note that this position is a short term position! Only candidates can be considered who had already a minimum of 1 year contract as a development worker according to the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
This position is with option to extend after receipt of commission.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment – in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.