• The team assistant carries out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to the team’s/unit’s products and tasks.
• Organizes and manages the Program Leader’s meeting schedule and flow of communications, including the responsibility for taking any follow-up actions.
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts.
• Drafts routine correspondence and proofreads materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
• Incorporates agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
• Uses word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution.
• Coordinates schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group.
• Solves non-routine problems (e.g., responds to requests requiring file search, etc.).
• Assists in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, etc.
• In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Management, etc.), monitors specific activities, (i.e., task budget, etc.) within their teams or clusters.
• Tracks assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinates with relevant staff and provides assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
• Maintains current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team.
• Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic).
• Assists team or work unit by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant office administration experience, preferably with international development organizations.
Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders including clients in the government, private sector and civil society, development partners and Bank staff.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area. Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Willingness to take up additional ad-hoc responsibilities other than duties directly related to this position whenever needed.
• Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills as technology and workflow change.
• Project and task management – Demonstrates good organizational skills, and ability to work capably with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment; can identify and resolve routine and non-routine issues. Able to stay organized, calm, and constructive in stressful situations. Able to select task and project delivery process and schedule, can manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines; demonstrates willingness to do what it takes to get a task completed within the agreed schedule. Demonstrates orientation to detail and quality; able to independently conduct quality control of own work (review for accuracy, fulfillment of relevant requirements, etc.)
• Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrates knowledge of own unit/department’s programs and products, and how they fit into the mission of the IFC; knows key players, understands own role and value added to the team and to the organization. Displays good understanding of IFC policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply and implement them with minimal supervision.
• Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Demonstrates willingness to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change. Demonstrates willingness to undertake tasks that stretch his or her capability.
• Lead and Innovate – Proactively identifies problems or obstacles in area of assigned responsibility. Considers own behavior in context of WBG’s values and mission. Understands and displays flexibility to adapt to department needs.
• Deliver Results for Clients – Displays a positive and professional service-orientation in client interactions. Demonstrates understanding of department’s key programs and/or products and how they are related to the larger organization. Prioritizes requests and/or tasks according to priority and highest impact for clients.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Actively collaborates with others in own team and displays an open, helpful attitude toward others. Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved. Includes others in own work and thinking. Considers the impact of work on WBG.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Demonstrates initiative in building and growing own skills. Understands own knowledge and learning gaps. Takes feedback constructively and provides feedback on the work of others.
• Make Smart Decisions – Thinks through problems and articulates the appropriate course of action. Takes action once decisions are made.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.