Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)
H (no hardship)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
February 5, 2024
Terms of Reference
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). UNHCR works to ensure that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, war, or disaster at home. UNHCR operates in 128 countries, with staff based in a mixture of regional and branch offices and sub and field offices.
The intern will work for the HQ – SOS, supporting the Supply transaction unit and Logistics Emergency Supply Section at SMS dealing with a variety of administrative tasks but focusing on database management and visualization tools within the above-mentioned units. This will provide the intern with a broad overview of UNHCR’s operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The intern will support the Supply Transactions Unit and the Logistics Emergency Supply Section in creating, updating, and linking Excel tools and developing some visualization components of the different products of both units / sections.
• Support the management of the different information sources of the units.
• The intern is expected to contribute improvements and generate new potential ideas for data management and visualization.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• To be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
(a. Be a recent graduate 2 or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school program from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and (b. Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
• Fluency in English is a requirement and another UN language desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in computer science, supply management, finance, data visualization, or administration will be desirable.
• Analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a multi-cultural environment.
• Good computer skills. Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel is a requirement.
• Good skills in managing applications such as Power BI, Oracle analytics, tableau, etc.
To qualify for an internship with UNHCR, one of the following requirements must be met:
a) Be a recent graduate * or current student in a graduate / undergraduate school program from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
b) Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
* Recent graduates are defined as individuals who completed their studies within one year before applying for an internship with UNHCR.
The candidate must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application. ALLOWANCE
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food, local transportation, and living expenses
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance