All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role Summary:
The WASH CSP Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day implementation of the WASH program in Bekaa Lebanon, through carrying out quality technical assessments and technical follow-up, eligibility and vulnerability assessments, and reporting accordingly.
What you will do
- Monitor and report on the WASH activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards.
- Suggest new methods and approaches to improve the quality of the activities as relevant based on needs and field observation.
- Assist in preparing, implementing, and monitoring WASH activities.
- Carry out data collection as required.
- Prepare and file relevant documents according to procedures.
- Conduct technical assessments for settlements, communal spaces, schools, and Infrastructures, in line with NRC’s project criteria of intervention.
- Prepare and submit accurate drawings, reports, and measurements (BoQs)
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
Specifically you will;
- Monitor, supervise and inspect the quality of the works to ensure quality compliance with the technical specifications as specified in the Bill of quantities (BOQ), scope of works, drawings and design requirements.
- Carry out and conduct data collection and assessments as required for informal tented settlement, rehabilitation, and WASH modalities (minor rehabilitation, school’s rehabilitations, infrastructure rehabilitation & upgrades), and any other WASH activity.
- Identify needs and propose scope of intervention (from the technical/engineering aspect) for settlement approach, rehabilitation, and infrastructure upgrade such as minor rehabilitation works, major construction works, school rehabilitation and Infrastructure Upgrades.
- Facilitate the community participation and ownership ensuring the implementation of WASH activities and operation and maintenance.
- Ensure that all materials used, and work performed address beneficaries’ needs and ensure safety by doing safety inspections of the sites.
- Follow-up on work plans, drawings, and quantities for proper activity implementation.
- Submit daily, weekly, and monthly report and as requested by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil, Architecture, Mechanical or other relevant engineering degree.
- Experience in site monitoring is a must
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in WASH and Rehabilitation in a humanitarian context.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Certificate or proven experience in computer-aided design (e.g., AutoCAD) necessary
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Handling insecure environments
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.