Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 600 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2024 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for an Economic Recovery Team Leader for its Economic Recovery activities in Mykolaiv.
This position will report to the Economic Recovery Programme Manager.
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the management of the Economic Recovery Programme Manager, the Economic Recovery Team Leader will oversee the implementation of Economic Recovery activities, including provision of sectoral cash to farmers, provision of grants to businesses, support in vocational training, business coaching. He/She will be responsible for managing and supervising the Economic Recovery team, will provide technical support and guidance to the teams. He/she will be responsible for the planning and follow up of the Economic Recovery activities, including coordinating with other departments in DRC. He/she will participate in coordination meetings and represent DRC in relevant forums. He/she will be based in Mykolaiv DRC office, with field activities in Mykolaiv and Khersonska oblasts.
Under the supervision of the Economic Recovery Programme Manager, the Economic Recovery Team Leader will:
- Manage and oversee the Economic Recovery activities including support assistance for rural livelihoods, financial assistance and coaching to MSMEs, as well as provision of vocational training and job matching
- Manage and supervise the Economic Recovery team, providing guidance and support, facilitating team meetings, completing performance reviews and recruiting/onboarding new economic recovery staff.
- Engagement with stakeholders and representatives from key institutions and organizations such as vocational training organizations, regional employment centres, farmers associations.
- Ensure contracted organizations deliver requested services in a timely and high-quality manner, for example the delivery of vocational training to identified beneficiaries.
- Develop work plans for the project activities and track the progress of implementation against project targets and indicators.
- Support the monitoring of project expenditure against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up.
- Plan and coordinate project logistics and team movement plans, and initiate procurements for project supplies.
- Coordinate with other organizations and stakeholders working in the same area to ensure that economic recovery is integrated and effective.
- Participate in coordination meetings and represent DRC in relevant forums; develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant partner agencies, community focal points and service providers.
- Ensure that accurate and timely reports are submitted to donors and DRC stakeholders, and that program documentation is maintained and up-to-date.
- Contribute to and provide field-related inputs for proposals for funding for new projects.
- Provide regular reports to the Economic Recovery Programme Manager.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Economic Recovery Programme Manager, relevant to the achievement of economic recovery objectives.
DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process;
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback;
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation;
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly;
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Degree in Business, Economics, Agriculture, Social Science, Humanities or other related field.
Required experience and competencies:
- Familiarity with economic recovery topic, including but not limited to access to finance, MSME support, markets systems, employment, vocational training, agriculture.
- Understanding of vulnerable groups, including persons with disabilities or elderly persons, and inclusive engagement in economic recovery.
- Previous experience in managing a team or supervising team members.
- Experience working for civil society organisations, NGOs or in social work is desirable but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with vulnerable groups, staff members, and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and understanding of confidentiality and ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems.
- Good English language skills.
- Ukrainian language skills required.
Contract length: 3 month renewable after satisfactory probation period.
Level: G – Manager
Designation of Duty Station: Mykolaiv – Full time based
Start date: As soon as possible.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications are open until 12th February 2024
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.