The Innovation Team is part of the Business Solutions Section, which is situated in the Division of Information Technology.
The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services.
The IAEA’s ICT infrastructure comprises hardware and software platforms, and cloud and externally-hosted services. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.
The Business Solutions Section provides information systems development and support services to IAEA programme areas and to the IAEA as a whole.
The Innovation Team partners with internal teams to conceive, champion and develop new approaches to solving problems as well as pursue innovations according to a strategic focus.
The purpose of this internship is to support the Innovation Lead with promoting organizational
innovation by demonstrating benefits of readily available technology and rapid exploration of
new ideas from across the IAEA.
Functions / Key Results Expected
The IT Innovation Intern will report to the Innovation Lead managing the Innovation Programme in Business Solutions Section (BSS) of the Division of Information Technology (MTIT). The ideal incumbent is a motivated individual, passionate about the role technology can play in
innovation, a quick learner and hands-on.
Under the guidance of the Innovation Lead, the intern will be required to:
• Research currently and not-currently-in-use technologies, applications, frameworks and platforms at the IAEA, in order to broaden the knowledge base and facilitate better technology decision making in BSS, MTIT and the Organization as the whole;
• Assist in the building of rapid prototypes and Proof of Concepts (PoC) to determine fit and usability;
• Participate in communication to business through workshops, consulting, drop-in sessions and other activities as required;
• Contribute to establishing an Innovation Programme by providing relevant inputs;
• Contribute to fostering innovation across the IAEA by suggesting ideas and drafting changes to existing processes and policies;
• Support on-going projects and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualifications and Experience