THIS VACANCY NOTICE MAY BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES
The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA’s ICT infrastructure comprises hardware and software platforms, and cloud and externally-hosted services. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.
The Client Services Section (CSS) is responsible for setting standards, providing first and second level support of the IAEA’s desktop computing environment, delivery of the IAEA’s IT training programme and promoting client oriented services. It designs, manages and implements desktop services, including their architecture, processes and policies to meet current and future business requirements. It aims at achieving the delivery of agreed levels of services to clients in compliance with best practices defined by international standards, in particular ITIL.
The intern will report to the Client Relationship Manager (CRM) in the Client Services Section (CSS) of the Division of Information Technology (MTIT) and will support the CRM and the IT Training Team.
The ideal incumbent is a motivated individual, interested in technology, a quick learner and hands-on. While assisting in a wide range of communication and IT training related tasks, the intern will gain hands-on experience in many aspects of communication development, IT training delivery as well as a good understanding of client service delivery.
Functions / Key Results Expected
• Assist in the review and updating of the internal communications guidance and templates;
• Assist in the maintenance and/or creation of content for the Divisional pages on the internal website;
• Assist in the review and updating of IT Training material;
• and other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualifications and Experience
• Proficiency in written and spoken English, with emphasis in internal communication.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Good analytical and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines;
• Able to work independently and as a team member in a multicultural environment;
• Proactive and cooperative outlook;
• Knowledge of the O365 environment, primarily SharePoint, would be an advantage