Job Opening ID: 226201
Job Network : Management and Administration
Job Family : Human Resources
Category and Level : General Service and Related Categories, G-6
Duty Station : VIENNA
Department/Office : United Nations Office at Vienna
Date Posted : Jan 23, 2024
Deadline : Feb 21, 2024
Org. Setting and Reporting
These positions are located in the Staff Entitlements Unit (SEU), Human Resources Management Service (HRMS), Division for Management (DM), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV) / United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), in Vienna (Austria). The Human Resources Assistant will report to the Senior Human Resources Assistant, under the overall guidance of the Chief of Unit.
Within assigned authority, the incumbent will perform the following specific duties:
• Administration of benefits and entitlements: Review and process requests for benefits, entitlements and claims, maintaining accurate and correct entitlement data in Umoja for staff in Vienna and in field offices.
• Advise and inform separating staff on procedures and the related entitlements, and assist them in final arrangements.
• Maintain HR related automated systems, applications and databases. Prepare periodic reports as required.
• Act as focal point to individual staff members on matters related to salaries and allowances, and to substantive offices on all HR related matters.
• Maintain effective and efficient communication with the Financial Resources Management Service (FRMS) on staff salary, allowances and entitlement related issues.
• Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports.
• Provide general office support services. Process, draft, edit, proofread and finalise for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications. Set up and maintain files/records (electronic and paper). Schedule appointments/meetings, monitor deadlines, etc.
• Prepare formal written responses to queries concerning HR related matters.
• Train new and lower-level staff in the unit.
• Assist with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
• Assist with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Perform other work-related duties as required.
• Professionalism: Has knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to interpret and apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Has ability to perform analysis, modelling, and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, staff administration service or related area is required. The minimum number of years of relevant experience is reduced to five for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher.
Several years of work experience in administration of employee benefits and entitlements are required.
Work experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required.
Work experience with SAP/Umoja is desirable.
Work experience with HR Partner roles in SAP/Umoja is desirable.
Work experience within the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.