Job Opening ID: 224475
Job Network : Political, Peace and Humanitarian
Job Family : Humanitarian Affairs
Category and Level : Internship, I-1
Duty Station : GENEVA
Department/Office : Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Date Posted : Jan 23, 2024
Deadline : Feb 5, 2024
New York, however internship can be done remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities
Org. Setting and Reporting
This internship shall be with People and Culture Section of the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) New York. The intern will report to the team lead of the Organizational Culture, People and Culture Section.
OCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts.
OCHA People and Culture Section supports and empowers OCHA people to contribute to and thrive in an inclusive and harmonious workplace culture for the effective delivery of OCHA’s mandate, in accordance with UN core values.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and may include but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the design and implementation of OCHA People Strategy activities relating to organizational culture, staff engagement, diversity and inclusion, and duty of care.
• Conduct descriptive, exploratory, and predictive people analytics on specific issue(s) upon request.
• Assisting in tracking, monitoring, and reporting on the People Strategy activities.
• Supporting the implementation of OCHA Pulse Check, including analysis and communication on the results.
• Supporting the preparation for meetings including agenda, background documents, meeting notes and talking points.
No work experience is required for the internship.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.