Job Opening ID: 226016
Job Network : Management and Administration
Job Family : Administration
Category and Level : General Service and Related Categories, G-5
Duty Station : PORT-AU-PRINCE
Department/Office : United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Date Posted : Jan 23, 2024
Deadline : Feb 6, 2024
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Programme Office in Haiti (POHTI), with duty station in Port-au-Prince, Regional Office for Central America and the Caribbean (ROPAN), located in Panama City, Panama, Division for Operations (DO), United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the UNODC Representative of ROPAN and the direct supervision of the UNODC Anti-Corruption and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CFT) Advisors for the project. S/he will also receive guidance from UNODC headquarters, Vienna, Austria and from UNODC Anti-Corruption Hub in Mexico.
For more information on UNODC, please visit the website: www.unodc.org
Within assigned authority and for the implementation of the Project on “Strengthening the Haitian capacity to investigate, prosecute and adjudicate cases of corruption and economic crimes, money laundering and associated predicate offences and improving information sharing with international investigators on transnational organized crime in Haiti”, the incumbent will be responsible for the following specific duties:
• Assist with the administrative management and the follow-up of the various administrative procedures related to the implementation of the project.
• Assist in the preparation and review of administrative documents.
• Assist in the preparation of travels and related documentation (travel permits, visas, mission order, security clearance, index numbers, travel requests) for missions to be completed as part of the implementation of the project.
• Assist in the preparation of correspondence and reports related to the implementation of the project.
• Manage the reception and assistance of visitors.
• Ensure project personnel files up to date (contracts, terms of reference, sick leave, vacation, etc.), in accordance with current policies and procedures.
• Ensure services on supplier, grant contracts, purchasing, payments, etc.
• Prepare and maintain an up-to-date list of project equipment as well .as office inventories on an ad-hoc, periodic and annual basis.
• Provide general office assistance and support the Advisors for the project and the project manager in the coordination of various administrative tasks, as they relate to the internal business process, oversight and quality assurance within the project.
• Assist with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
• Assist with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Professionalism: Has ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Has ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Has knowledge of internal policies, processes, and procedures generally and in particular those related to programme /project administration, implementation and evaluation, technical cooperation, programming and budgeting. Has understanding of the functions and organization of the work programme and of the organizational structure and respective roles of related units. Has demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Has ability to perform analysis, modeling, and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which ones has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit where applicable.
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in processes; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, logistics management, human resources or related area, is required. The minimum number of years of relevant experience is reduced to three for candidates who posses a first-level university degree or higher.
Experience in computer applications, e.g. MS Excel, spreadsheets, database software and Word processing applications, including experience in grants, projects and fund management applications, is required.
Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required.
Experience with SAP/Umoja including experience in the customization of BI reports, is desirable.
Work experience within the United Nations system or similar international organizations is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English and French is required. Knowledge of Creole is desirable. Knowledge of another United Nations language official is an advantage.