Job Opening ID: 226365
Job Network : Information and Telecommunication Technology
Job Family : Information Management Systems and Technology
Category and Level : Consultants, CON
Duty Station : BEIRUT
Department/Office : Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia
Date Posted : Jan 22, 2024
Deadline : Feb 5, 2024
Result of Service
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Updated content on the platform that is fully accessible.
• Improved features on ADIP platform.
• Contributed to the development of background papers, training materials, and manuals.
• Contributed to and conducted training, meetings, and events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
The services of an individual contractor are needed to assist during the phase II development stage of the Arab Digital Inclusion Platform (ADIP) online platform. In this stage the focus falls on extending the content of the platform and enhancing its functionalities and that of developed tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The IC will work under the supervision of the PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER and in close collaboration with the ADIP team. In particular, he/she will be tasked to assist in the following:
• Adapt the content as necessary and use and add the needed tagging system.
• Continuously monitor the ADIP platform and ensure its performance.
• Follow up with ESCWA ICTS team to enrich ADIP platform with updated accessible resources.
• Transform suggested features and new ideas into technical requirements to be developed and integrated into the ADIP online platform.
• Collaborate with ESCWA ICTS team to integrate identified features and follow up with them for the deployment of new features and functionalities under the ADIP platform.
• Perform comprehensive testing of any new developed features and functionalities and provide feedback for further improvement, design and implementation.
• Participate in the planning and developing of training materials, presentations, and courses on the ADIP policy and technical guideline tools as well as the Content Accessibility Smart Tool (CAST).
• Assist in the training delivered during workshops, meetings and other events on ADIP tools, including CAST.
• Participate in the development and implementation of content adaptation for ESCWA publications, in collaboration with CSS. This includes participating in developing and conducting training of ESCWA staff on CAST and content adaptation practices and drafting guidelines and manuals for staff.
• Attend and contribute to selected activities under the ADIP project, including all meetings, workshops, and events including the Annual ESCWA-ITU Regional conference on “Accessible Arab Region”. Contributions include delivering presentations on the technical aspects of content adaptation and other ADIP tools, helping in the organizational and logistical tasks, contributing to the preparation of background documents, information notes, and taking notes and preparing meetings reports.
• Contribute to the review process of the technical papers under preparations within the ADIP project framework.
• Adapt the content of the technical papers and upload them in accessible format on ADIP platform.
• Contribute ideas on and assist in the packaging of ADIP products for dissemination and marketing.
• Performs other duties as necessary and assigned.
A first-level university degree in technology, computer science, or related field is required. An advanced university degree in technology, computer science, or a related field is desirable.
All candidates must submit a copy of the required educational degree. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
A minimum of 1 year of professional work experience in experience in designing, testing, and implementing accessible online platforms, specifically its back-end operations, tools, and other user components are required.
Experience in content adaptation for digital accessibility is also required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat; and Arabic is a working language of ESCWA.
For this position, fluency English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
Note: “Fluency” equals a rating of ‘fluent’ in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of ‘confident’ in two of the four areas.