Job Opening ID: 226372
Job Network : Management and Administration
Job Family : Administration
Category and Level : Consultants, CON
Duty Station : BEIRUT
Department/Office : Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia
Date Posted : Jan 22, 2024
Deadline : Jan 28, 2024
Result of Service
The incumbent is responsible to provide administrative support related to the two back-to back meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
The services of an Individual Contractor (IC) are needed to provide administrative support to the 15th IGM for Social Development 3rd June 2024 and to the Third Arab Forum for Equality 4-5 June 2024 in Cairo, Egypt.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assist in the preparation and organization of the 15th IGM for Social Development 3 June 2024.
– Assist in the preparation and organization of the Third Arab Forum for Equality 4-5 June 2024.
– Assist in the Participants Visa Issuance.
– Manage the event registration process, collecting participant information and responding to queries. Monitor participant numbers, coordinate attendee communications, and maintain accurate attendee lists.
– Coordinate with vendors and service providers for catering, audiovisual support and other required services.
– Assist in reviewing the database to track and manage travel reservations including flight info. Monitor reservation deadline, cancellation policies and changes in ITN. Communicate reservation details and ITNs to travelers.
– Assist participants with travel and accommodation arrangements, if required. Provide information on transportation options, accommodation recommendations, and travel logistics to ensure smooth arrivals and departures.
– Oversee on-site event logistics, including setting up event spaces, managing registrations, coordinating audiovisual support, and addressing any unforeseen issues or emergencies that may arise during the event. Ensure smooth event flow and attendee satisfaction.
– Perform other duties as requested.
A Bachelor’s degree in administration or related areas is required.
All candidates must submit a copy of the required educational degree. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
A minimum of 5 years of work experience in Administrative Assistance is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat; and Arabic is a working language of ESCWA.
For this position, fluency in Arabic is required. Fluency in English is desirable.
Note: “Fluency” equals a rating of ‘fluent’ in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of ‘confident’ in two of the four areas.