||Banking Countries of Operations
|Posting End Date
Please note this is a 2 year fixed term contract.
Purpose of Job
The Driver will serve as part of the Resident Office (RO) team and will drive official vehicles for the transport of authorised personnel for official purposes, usually within Chisinau but also to other locations within Moldova (and at times neighbouring countries); and provide clerical support as needed.
Road travel is the highest health, safety and security risk facing EBRD personnel, necessitating the employment of qualified, experienced and safe drivers responsible for the transport of authorised personnel for official purposes.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe, punctual and efficient transport of authorised personnel to/from airports, transport hubs, meetings and appointments for official purposes.
- Must know how to operate the RO official vehicle safely in all local conditions and be skilled in defensive and safe driving techniques.
- Strictly adhere to Code of Conduct for EBRD Personnel, the EBRD’s Driver Rules of Conduct, the EBRD’s Travel Safety Mandatory Procedure and associated Guidelines for Road and Vehicle Safety.
- Must comply with local laws and speed limits at all times, and ensure all passengers (including themselves) wear seat belts, at all times. Drivers must never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescribed medication that may impair driving performance), or use mobile phones whilst driving (with exception of hands-free kit).
- Must comply with United Nations Department for Security and Safety (UNDSS) security management system procedures where appropriate (i.e. route planning/avoidance of restricted areas or routes) unless otherwise directed by the Head of RO (HOO) or delegate.
- Ensure, before departures and upon return, that the official RO vehicle is in roadworthy, clean and safe working condition, and that it contains all necessary equipment, including first aid kit, spare tyre, communications equipment, and tracking device (if required), all in good working order.
- Provide, as needed, clerical support including, but not limited to, the delivery and collection of mail, documents or pouches, answering phones, recording business transactions, and other errands.
- Responsible for true and accurate recording and reporting of weekly transport logs, fuel usage and purchases, maintenance, and cleaning. Ensure the official RO vehicle holds and maintains valid vehicle registration, insurance and license plate(s) and any other locally required vehicle tests.
- Must maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Identify alternative routes for the trips when route is busy or unsafe.
- Undertake daily/weekly/monthly vehicles checks as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Valid driving license and capable of defensive driving
- Professional driving experience with a safe driving record
- Thorough knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- Familiarity with the city’s roads and environs, as well as the road networks in the country in general, and willingness to drive throughout the country where the RO is based (and at times neighbouring countries).
- Advanced Driving Training Certificate preferable
- Possess basic skills in minor vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Proficient to effectively communicate in English and Local Language (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to team-oriented work.
- Secondary school education.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.