UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Programme Office in Kazakhstan contributes to the country’s efforts to build just, inclusive and resilient societies that leave no one behind through delivery of a range technical assistance programmes focusing on the following programmatic priorities outlined in the UNODC Programme for Central Asia for 2021-2025: (i) Preventing and Countering Transnational Organized Crime; (ii) Preventing Crime, Increasing Access to Justice and Strengthening the Rule of Law; (iii) Addressing Drug Use, Increasing Treatment of Drug Use Disorders and Preventing HIV/AIDS; (iv) Preventing and Countering Terrorism, Violent Extremism and Radicalization that Leads to Violence; (v) Supporting Research, Trend Analysis, Policy, Advocacy and Forensics; UNODC Regional Programme for Afghanistan and Neighboring Countries and the UNODC Strategy 2021-2025.
The position of the Driver/Logistics Clerk is located in the UNODC Programme Office in Kazakhstan with duty station in Astana. Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of UNODC Programme Office in Kazakhstan, the Driver/Logistics Clerk provides reliable and safe driving services to and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver/Logistics Clerk also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the UNODC Head of Programme Office the Driver/Logistics Clerk performs the following duties and responsibilities within UNODC global/regional/national programmes in Kazakhstan:
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services focusing on achievements of the following results:
- Drives office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel;
- Provide the delivery and collection of documents, mail and other items;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and custom formalities as required.
- Travels throughout the country as might be required.
Ensures proper use of vehicle focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Accurately maintains daily vehicle logs (checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repair);
- Prepares vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Prepares, executes and periodically updates the registration and necessary documentation to allow the vehicle to comply with all relevant Kazakhstan and UN Road vehicle laws;
- Keeps records of official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.;
- Ensures cost-savings on proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies:
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc., so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times;
- Ensures availability of vehicle insurance, map of city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
- Ensures all documentation on usage, maintenance and damage are kept in order and the driver’s primary supervisor is informed on a monthly basis of all relevant information.
Ensure provision of logistics services:
- Assists to relevant UNODC proramme staff in arranging customs clearance of goods;
- Provides logistical support for UNODC programme staff;
- Receive and checks deliveries to ensure that the correct amount and type of stock is delivered;
- Delivers petty procurement for the UNODC POKAZ office in Astana;
- Assists in inventory physical verification check-up in the office;
- Collects and submits finance-related documents from projects of both UNODC POKAZ offices in Astana and Almaty cities for signing by UNDP Finance Unit;
- Assists to Programme Office in filing the documents, ongoing/outgoing correspondence, record keeping.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents:
- Take necessary steps required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident;
- Participates in UNDSS trainings as well as UN mandatory trainings;
- Performs other tasks as deemed necessary by or in consent with supervisor.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Business direction & strategy. Business Acumen:
- Ability to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome
- Knowledge and understanding of the operational frameworks in the organization and ability to make good judgments and quick decisions within such frameworks
- Ability to create clarity around UNODC Value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNODC’s organizational priorities and mandate.
Business Development. Knowledge Facilitation: Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
Business Management. Customer Satisfaction/Client Management:
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Business Management. Operations Management:
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. Valid Driver’s license not lower than “B” category.
- Minimum three years of working experience as a driver. Administrative and clerical experience, knowledge of record-keeping procedures. Safe driving records. Experience with UN organizations/ agencies/ embassies is an asset.
- Fluency in Russian and basic knowledge of English are required.
- Knowledge of Kazakh is an advantage.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.