|Term Duration:||1 year 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Location:||Washington, DC,United States|
|Closing Date:||12/9/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Group Internal Audit (GIA) helps to protect and enhance World Bank Group processes by providing independent, objective and insightful risk-based assurance and advisory services. We encourage you to visit our website.
The Professional Practices & Innovation (PPI) Team is the engine that helps drive achievement of GIA’s mandate. Our PPI staff are passionate about defining and executing GIA operational initiatives that: drive technology solutions fit for high-performing internal audit functions, implement data analytics (e.g., NLP, ML, RPA) and data visualization at scale; maintain an information technology systems environment consistent with WBG standards, explore emerging technology or continuous process improvements that enhance GIA operations, advise GIA leadership on the information technology, knowledge management, and digital transformation (cost/benefit investment decisions and use cases), quality improvement (internal audit and advisory methodologies and tools), and risk methodology frameworks to achieve GIA’s Strategy.
GIA is seeking a E T Consultant (Senior Data Engineer) to join the team to support the development of Advanced Data analytics across GIA. The specialist develops data-oriented systems to meet GIA’s needs. The selected candidate is expected to quickly learn about various lines of business in GIA and in consultation with the relevant teams, identify areas or functions that could benefit from insights through advanced (diagnostics, predictive, prescriptive) analytics. This individual will also ensure that GIA adhere to the global processes defined for Data Management.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Work as a member of a cross-functional team to propose and implement high-impact data management solutions that address business challenges across a variety of GIA Teams.
• Set the strategic direction and continuous improvement for a core knowledge management program, including develops and updates knowledge repositories on topics of relevance for GIA through its knowledge hub (GIASpace), enabling alignment with GIA’s strategy, processes and practices, quality assurance requirements and learning strategy.
• Provide advice; and coordinates and implements capacity building and training on relevant internal audit and World Bank Group methodologies, processes and tools, building GIA staff capacity on their application and implementation; Organizes and facilitates knowledge sharing events on new developments and topics of relevance for GIA staff.
• Analyze project bottlenecks, process waste, velocity (work completed over the volume of work planned), cost efficiency (staff hours or external consultant fees), and similar project performance metrics to improve project delivery through the dissemination of leading practices or lessons learned, updates to data management standards and methodology, or coaching.
• Manage daily activities including but not limited to the following: provide continuous development and continuous integration of existing SharePoint, Wrike, internet sites and sub sites, lists, libraries, and content (including pages, workflows, and items); Troubleshoot customer issues promptly; Oversee platform maintenance, continuously refine user experience across of communication and knowledge systems or process (SharePoint, MS Teams, Dynamics 365, Power Automate, Azure Data Science Platform, other important assets), and maintenance and revision of audit methodologies and templates .
• Oversee design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of various data platforms across data lifecycle (Collect, Store, Transform, Analyze, Visualize)
• Contribute to data system/pipeline implementation, upgrade, or any other IT initiatives that the team may undertake
● Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science), plus 15 years relevant work experience.
● Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, to anticipate and adjust to roadblocks, and deliver high quality work with limited supervision.
● Self-motivated and able to take an initiative and run with little to no direct instruction, as well as be a team player with a proven ability to work effectively with colleagues from a range of technical and non-technical roles to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
● An agile, KM, or technology methodology certification, e.g., Scrum, ITIL, Certified Knowledge Manager/Specialist, or similar credential.
● Excellent Data Management skills and the ability to work towards meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously
● Thorough understanding of workflow management and data administration duties such as collection, analysis, and distribution
● Excellent organizational and time management skills and a keen sense of priorities. Must be able to communicate effectively
● Ability to use strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to cultivate effective, productive relationships and partnerships and generate excitement around data analytics and data science
● Ability to solve problems, with strong investigative and research skills
● Sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.