- Edit and proofread first drafts from writers. Liaise between writers and technical leads and, when necessary, facilitate agreement on edits.
- The consultant will work to ensure the quality of text (structure, coherence of content, syntax, style and presentation) and will be responsible for editing documents with a view to ensure clarity and narrative continuity, internal consistency (adherence to UN house style), general readability and accessibility.
- Work with programme staff and appropriate RO colleagues to send final, approved MSWord and Excel documents to the designer/design company.
- Review first and subsequent drafts from designers, compare the designed version to submission to ensure no errors have been introduced.
- Secure sign-offs from necessary technical leads at all stages of the project.
- Ensure documents are produced in the required format (print and/or digital) and published to the EECARO website, as needed. Supply short blurb descriptions of the publications to use on the website.
For the full job listing, please see attached PDF. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Editor Consultancy,” including your CV and motivational statement, by 7 December.