|Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Executive Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support to the ExCom member; in addition to ad-hoc and personal assistance that may be required. The Executive Assistant will also assist with the overview of the departments reporting into the ExCom member.
For this role to be successful the Executive Assistant will need to interact with staff across the whole of EBRD up to and including other ExCom members and Board Assistants.
The six Vice Presidents, the Secretary General, General Counsel, Chief Economist, MD HROD, MD Communications & MD Corporate Strategy are members of the executive committee and are responsible for the leadership of the Bank in addition to working closely together, report directly to the President of the EBRD missing MDHROD. The ExCom member also liaises extensively with the Board of Directors and their offices and is responsible for the departments under his/her purview. The Executive Assistant will assist in organising the day to day co-ordination of all these elements, as well as any travelling undertaken by the ExCom member.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant is responsible for administrative and secretarial support to the ExCom member in order to maximise his/her time and to ensure that the day-to-day operations run smoothly. This job may also involve ad hoc responsibilities as required by the ExCom member which may include, but is not limited to, budgetary, recruitment, training and supervisory duties, as well as approving of expenses, travel and holiday.
Budgetary work can include: Mid-year review & year-end budget preparation & budget forecasting, cost recovery, accruals as well as dealing with consultants, preparing contracts paperwork, budget allocation and obtaining the required approvals.
- Pro-active diary management for all ExCom member related activity, including all logistics for international travels (i.e. visas, meetings etc.)
- Organise briefing papers for all meetings and travel to ensure the ExCom member is fully briefed and prepared for all meetings
- Produce and maintain detailed expense reports for the ExCom member’s expenditure so all expenses can be tracked and accounted for
- Monitor and control of e-mail, screening and prioritising messages and replying on ExCom members behalf where appropriate to minimise the impact of email traffic on the ExCom member. Manage incoming phone calls, prioritising communications for the ExCom member’s attention or rerouting as necessary
- Ensure quality management, proof reading and checking documents requiring the ExCom members sign off
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the ExCom member as required
- Follow up on the ExCom member’s activities including delegation of tasks, monitoring deadlines, implementation and execution
- Maintain comprehensive filing in various electronic systems to ensure instant retrieval of documents
- Liaising with the Board of Directors, senior management and other departments regarding meetings and general Bank matters (for example Executive Committee, Operations Committee, Board & Institutional Affairs, Annual Meetings & Events Management)
- Travel with ExCom member where appropriate (e.g. to IMF and EBRD Annual Meetings) to ensure efficiency of all trip logistics
- Coaching, mentoring & guidance on procedure & processes to colleagues
- Advise on protocol in dealing with requests from Board members & external agencies
- Maintain confidentiality of information in and out of the ExCom members office & highly sensitive documents, meetings etc.
- Manage, co-ordinate and execute all administrative tasks (e.g. travel arrangements, filing, photocopying, , producing presentations etc.) to ensure the smooth & effective running of the office. React and respond to Ad hoc duties to assist with the general running of the ExCom members office as a whole
- Space/premises management within ExCom members area – high level involvement with project coordination
- Active involvement in hiring (interviewing and mentoring) other Assistants in the department;
- Apply & support the business continuity/disaster recovery when required
- Event management, hiring of premises, coordination of departmental events
- Conduct ad-hoc or specific tasks assigned by the VP which may be related amongst others to pipeline or reporting.
- Champion and role model the Bank’s Behavioural Competencies and Corporate Behaviours, ensuring adherence within the team(s) so that the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct are exhibited at all times
- Liaising with Finance teams and relevant Secretariats to co-ordinate all submissions sent to management and Board for approval/information from Finance
- Secretariat for Asset & Liability Committee Meeting (ALCom), for which ExCom member is the Chair. Liaising with ALCom Secretary to define agenda, collate supporting papers and share with ALCom members. Maintaining online filing system on Teams and Pegasus.
- Annual IMF meetings – co-ordination of all Finance delegation meetings and liaising with FVP/President’s Office for logistics
- Ensure day-to-day management responsibility for administrative matters (budget authorisations, travel/expenses and direct report leave authorisations)
- Provide cover and support MD Finance and team when EA is on leave etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree and/or equivalent business experience
- A recognised secretarial qualification would be useful, but is not essential
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of another language (e.g. Russian, German, French or Arabic) both written and spoken would be useful, but is not essential
- Proven track record in a senior level secretarial and/or administrative role is essential
- Good organisation skills, together with a proactive and flexible attitude to work is essential
- Excellent interpersonal manner; including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to build effective working relationships across departments and outside the organisation
- Conscientious and reliable with a professional helpful attitude
- Ability to exercise judgement on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent time keeper
- Forward thinking/organising on behalf of ExCom member and problem solving
- At least 55 wpm typing
- Intermediate/advanced computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Writer) as well as the ability to format large documents, charts and tables to publication quality is essential
- Knowledge of SAP
- M365 Teams
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.