Extended Term Temporary (YPP, MDP, DLP)
Job #: req17458
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Human Resources
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 5/30/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Working at the World Bank Group (WBG) provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
WBG Human Resources Vice Presidency (HRD) is focused on delivering high value HR services to drive organizational performance and help make the WBG the employer of choice in international development. In this regard, the HR Careers, Performance and Learning Department (HRDCL) delivers innovative solutions and strategies, and global programs and services across the talent management lifecycle for the World Bank.
In this department, the Leadership and Staff Development Unit (HRDLS) supports WBG staff in Washington, D.C. and country offices starting in a new managerial and pre-managerial role, or wanting to grow their business and leadership skills, or having a team they would like to equip with these skills, through a variety of structured development programs and solutions, incl. just-in-time ones. The Unit also supports the WBG through its Learning Management System and pedagogical support for external client training. In FY21, more than 10,000 WBG staff were served by this unit.
The position seeks to support administratively three programs: the Young Professionals (YPs) Program curriculum, the directors Leadership Program and the Management Development Program. Young Professionals (YPs) join the WBG through a flagship recruitment and leadership development program. Each year a new cohort of YPs participate in a two-year YP Development Curriculum, learning the fundamentals of leadership and development operations across institutions, and developing priority skills and behaviors for emerging leaders. All YPs go through an onboarding program and cohort building, leadership development, and engage in intensive training on the policies, products and operations of the World Bank, IFC and MIGA. YPs are assigned several mentors at the peer and departmental level and participate in mandatory rotations across VPUs and WBG (IFC-IBRD-MIGA) institutions with the goal of developing and applying skills across the business. As part of HRDLS’ portfolio, the Director’ Leadership Program (DLP) is an experiential development opportunity for WBG Director-level staff to learn about and practice the critical skills required to strategically lead a highly effective and collaborative business function. Finally, the Management Development Program (MDP) is aimed at high performing technical staff who have been identified with the potential to become formal people managers. Both the DLP and MDP are cohort-based programs with an intake of 24 participants annually.
The position reports to the Senior HR Specialist, Learning and Development, also focal point for Staff Leadership Development and is based in Washington, D.C.
Duties and Responsibilities
This ETT position provides support to three core programs and areas in HRDLS: YPP Development Curriculum, Management Development Program (MDP)/Directors’ Leadership Program (DLP), as well as, where needed, coordination of services and support to the Talent Development Pipeline. The job requires analytical skills, the ability to multitask working with multiple client groups, a high degree of judgment, initiative and flexibility, problem solving capability, patience, and teamwork. The ETT will work as part of the HRDLS Leadership and Management Team.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
Logistics and Coordination Support
• Providing administrative support for all aspects of the YP Development Curriculum (pre-onboarding, onboarding, learning events/trainings, Office Hours, mentoring, rotations, etc.).
• Creating learning events in the WBG Learning Management System, the Open Learning Campus (OLC), for YPP Curriculum Learning Events/Programs and MDP/DLP Programs’ Modules, tracking participants registration and marking their attendance.
• Creating participant lists and face sheets, preparing and compiling participants’ detailed bios, speakers’ bios, program agenda, an onboarding package for YPs and other administrative documents.
Client and Vendor Management
• Coordinating the preparation for programs delivery with vendors, acting as in-house contact for participants and YPs, keeping track of replies to various inquiries (participation, cancellations); liaising with participants and providing post-program support as necessary.
• Providing administrative support for creating Purchase Orders (Pos) in the WBG Administrative Portal and following on payments with vendors with needed; preparing chargeback sheet and collecting participant fees at program end.
• Assisting the clients with program logistics related requests as needed and scheduling and recording YP events via Teams or Webex (at least two events per month).
• Arranging/securing venue, supplies and catering and liaising with IT/audio visual services (when/if hybrid or in-person onboarding resume).
Evaluation Surveys and Data Analytics
• Managing the nomination process for MDP/DLP in terms data collection and management and ensure nomination criteria are implemented.
• Leading preparation of program evaluation forms and uploading to Metrics that Matter (MTM), downloading MTM reports once completed; building surveys (MS Forms or Google Forms) for YPs check-ins and collecting feedbacks and providing quick analytics based on the survey results; drafting presentations with data received from the surveys.
• Providing a reliable system to track YPs rotations (STAs, interests/preferences), geographic locations, etc. and sharing regular updates with the team on the progress and/or outstanding items.
Talent Development Pipeline Project
Assisting with administrative tasks relating to this project to include but not limited to:
• Scheduling required meetings
• Coordinating logistics
• Liaising with the Talent Review team (Careers) as required
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Learning, Leadership Development, Business Administration, and/or Project Management or related field desired and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Thorough Knowledge of Bank policies, processes and procedures, especially in procurement of services by vendor, ability to use Bank systems (e.g. LMS system: OLC) and experience designing and administering surveys are an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in large event planning, making logistical and technical arrangements.
• Proficient user of all MS Office Applications, incl. Excel, with ability to draft survey results in PowerPoint presentation, experience with the use of Webex, Zoom, and other virtual platforms.
• Solid experience in project management, with experience building and working with tracking excel sheets. Detail oriented.
• Demonstrated skills in retrieving, gathering and obtaining information from various sources.
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills to independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions based on own knowledge of the job when multiple courses of action are possible.
• Demonstrated experience of excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner in the smooth operation of a busy office using judgment, discretion and tact.
• Excellent interpersonal and inter-cultural communications skills; maturity and ability to interact with staff at all levels and to build strong working relationships with counterparts across the World Bank Group.
• High level of commitment with high degree of integrity, initiative, resourcefulness and motivation.
• Self-starter and independent learner who initiates changes to work processes to improve efficiency and performance.
• High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility, and creativity.
• Project and task management – Able to undertake diverse and complex assignments with minimal supervision and resolve competing demands. Demonstrates good organizational skills (event planning), can plan and prioritize own work and work of internal clients (e.g. manage manager’s calendar).
• Technology and systems knowledge – Exhibits excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Word to format complex documents and Excel) and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
• Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people. Able to practically apply and guide others in policy application.
• Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrates initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology. Is able to proactively identify, prevent and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives.
• Lead and Innovate – Suggests improvements to solve problems.
• Deliver Results for Clients – Takes personal responsibility to make things better for the client.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Initiates collaboration beyond the team.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Proactively and regularly shares knowledge.
• Make Smart Decisions – Identifies information needed to support decisions.
“This internal requisition is open to WBG and IMF staff only (including short-term and extended term consultants/ temporaries). External candidates are requested not to apply. In case an external candidate applies, their application will not be considered.”