: Various Locations
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
This position is located in the FAO offices KP. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Pakistan focuses its efforts on poverty reduction, food security, sustainable livelihoods and rural development. FAO has partnered with the Government of Pakistan on research and development, training, extension services and strengthening of the staff capacity in planning and policy making. FAO has supported improvements in agricultural policy analysis, strengthened institutions. Enhanced integrated area development and expanded participation of marginalized and vulnerable communities in sustainable development.
The duty stations are: Khyber and Mohmand districts in KP province
The position is at SB 3 – SC5
Under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR), and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Program), Senior Project Officer and Senior Horticulture Specialist, the incumbent will work under direct supervision of District Team Leader and in close collaboration with sectoral specialists and project team in performance of the following tasks and duties:
• Facilitate field level activities related to mobilization, formation and facilitation of FFS in the target villages in close coordination with agriculture department or partner organizations (if any);
• Conduct regular field visits of the project area and provide guidance and recommendation for appropriate crops, vegetables and livestock area specific interventions for establishment of FFS.
• Support district lead for maintaining meaningful working relation with local government agriculture department for implementation of community level activities
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Facilitate the project target villages’ selection process under guidance of national, provincial and district lead.
• Facilitate field level interventions for establishment of Farmer Field Schools;
• Facilitate district lead/supervisor preparation and completion of field work plan, agriculture inputs procurement plan, logistic and admin support etc.
• Facilitate and participate capacity building events/ trainings on selected Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA) practices, facilitation skills, farmer training curricula, On Farm Water Management (OFWM), use of ICT, monitoring methods, and others.
• Facilitate local level ToT for extension officers, staff and/or employees from partner organisations (entities) on CRA and OFWM. Apart from this facilitate organising season long Training of Farmer Facilitators
• Provide technical backstopping to run the FFSs and facilitate ongoing project related activities in the selected districts;
• Closely work with district lead/ supervisor and sectoral specialist for collection and compilation of all the information related withFFS work, economic analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis related data from respective district;
• Facilitate field activities in liaison and coordination with district administration, I/NGOs, private sector companies, academia, research institutions and women and men farmer organizations;
• Assist district lead and sectoral specialist in the day-to-day monitoring of FFS. interventions and compile monthly monitoring sheets (online/offline);
• Ensure timely submission of FFS monthly work plan and progress reports (monthly, quarterly, and final) to supervisor;
• Perform any other associated task as assigned by management.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Master’s Degree in Agribusiness/ Natural or Social Sciences with FFS and Agribusiness or Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA) experience.
• A minimum of 3 years Farmer Field School (FFS) relevant experience, 1-2 years Agribusiness and Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA) relevant experience will be an asset.
• A working knowledge of the English language and fluency in Urdu and local languages used in province. Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
• National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Practical knowledge of Social Mobilization process & Community organization skills.
• Proficient in basic computer skills including MS Office.
• Ability of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and rural communities.
• Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset
• Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
• Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
• Display initiative and take responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and closely follow-up until successful outputs are achieved.
• Continue to seek new, innovative and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work assigned.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT