Pays : Irak
Ville : Erbil with frequent travel to the rest of the
Date de prise du poste : 02/01/2023
Durée de la mission : 6 months renewable
Date de clôture des candidatures : 14/12/2022
Référence de l’annonce : -ACU-11-22-7638
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
Handicap International operations in Iraq: HI has been registered and operational in Iraq since 1991 and has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating across Ninewa, Kirkuk, Salah al Din, Baghdad, Anbar and Basra Governorates. Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs generated by the capture of territory by the IS-group, subsequent military operations and the widespread displacement of Iraqi populations.
While in the process of defining the new strategic objectives, the global objective of HI programming in Iraq remains to enhance the protection and resilience of conflict-affected communities in Iraq; an objective achieved through an operational framework of three central pillars:
Protection: Reduce the impact of the Conventional Weapon (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) for conflict-affected populations through risk education, land release and access to victim assistance services;
Health: Improve access to specific services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional and/or psychological integrity is compromised, through the provision of physical rehabilitation and Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services and support to local stakeholders;
Social Inclusion: Ensure equal access to essential services, protection and basic needs for all conflict-affected populations, including persons with disabilities, and support to inclusive economic practices and interventions.
To carry out these projects, HI Iraq is looking for 6 months for a Field Programme Development Specialist
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Managed directly by the Country Director, your main responsibilities are :
1 – Strategic development: linking current internal strategic development efforts with fundraising strategy (understand potential for new interventions, identify areas of interest for future programming, and related funding opportunities).
• To develop a new fundraising strategy and action plan for the mission linked to the operational objectives set in the new 2023-2025 Stratop.
• Produce a summary of needs and gaps within HI Iraq’s programmatic areas to identify potential for new interventions, needs assessments, and funding opportunities
• Map relevant donors’ strategies and priorities, and development initiatives of other organizations (NGOs, UN agencies and government)
2 – Relationship management: building external relationships/external engagement, including identification of fundraising and partnership opportunities
• Engage with donors to identify areas of mutual interest for further engagement and support relationships with strategic donors and partners
• Identify and develop potential partnership opportunities for large-scale projects (e.g. consortiums, multi- country projects)
• Identify potential local partners and develop support the formulation of Local Partnership packages covering capacity assessment and enhancement and partnership management and contracting
• In coordination with and Communications Officer, develop a communication strategy and action plans for HI’s Iraq mission to better communicate HI’s work to existing and potential donors, country representations.
3 – Proposal development: if funding opportunities on newly identified sector(s) of intervention arise, support Grant Team with proposal development (incl. capacity building of Grant Team)
• In coordination with HI’s technical and project teams, lead proposal and concept note writing in accordance with HI’s proposal writing process and tools and in compliance with donors’ guidelines and expectations, including logical frameworks, MEAL plan, context and needs analysis, planning, staffing and budgeting
• Support and build the Grants Teams capacity with grants management including donor reporting, monitoring and compliance
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in project development and donor relationship management (including experience in consortium and local partnership development)
• You have experience of providing context, needs and donor analysis
• You have experience working in one or more of HI’s programmatic areas: Health, Humanitarian Mine Action, Livelihoods, Inclusive governance and civil society, Inclusion mainstreaming
• You have strong analytical and writing skills and excellent communication and representation skills
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
• Job environment: access to leisure and social life. Comfortable housing and access to internet.
• Security conditions: low level of insecurity in Erbil. Medium to high level of insecurity in Federal Iraq.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
• 6 months International contract starting from December 2022 or January 2023
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem: 651.97 € net/month – paid in the field
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
• R&R: 5 days every 3 months + possible transport/package support.
o open to couples
? Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income/
• Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package