Job title: Food Security and Livelihoods Team Leader.
Employment category: H
Eligible for delocalization
Reporting to: FSL Team Leader
Direct report: FSL Assistants
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the direct supervision of the FSL Team Leader, the FSL Officer is overall responsible to ensure that the implementation of DRC Sudan’s FSL activities in the assigned area of responsibility is guided in accordance with approved methodologies and tools and are in line with DRC and donor policies and guidelines. The FSL Officer will be working in cooperation with DRC’s protection and emergency teams and in collaboration with local authorities and communities. In addition he/she will be tasked of reporting and when requested engaged in monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
- Coordinating, leading and conducting rapid sectorial needs and market assessments in the field;
- Data collection by using needs assessment and post distribution monitoring questionnaires. Data collection to be done either via paper forms or through digital equipment;
- Participate in beneficiary selection processes through agreed criteria and guidelines;
- Coordinating and conducting field distributions (in kind food and seeds) in accordance to agreed criteria and guidelines;
- Carry out training for beneficiaries in agronomic skills and post-harvest handling and management;
- To contribute actively on conducting baseline/ end line surveys through interview of individual beneficiaries and focus group discussions;
- Produce basic reports on needs assessments and distributions;
- Prepare detailed activity implementation plans for the activities (distribution of inputs and beneficiaries’ capacity building).
- Provide technical activity inputs to the Area Manager for the design of the activities;
- Provide regular report and feedback on the status and effectiveness of the activities to the Area Manager;
- Manage the implementation in accordance with the implementation plan and overall project goals and objectives;
- Conduct trainings, awareness sessions and any other activities in the field as part of the implementation plan;
- Collect data related to the activities. Carry out need assessment missions and collect secondary data and information supplied. Put forward recommendations for the definition and elaboration of programs;
- Responsible for data quality and verification of all Agricultural data at field level and appropriate storage;
- Ensures liaison with the communities, maintaining links with community committees and elders, engaging consistently with beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders;
- Responsible for logistical implementation of Agricultural activities, including delivery of goods to the sites.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 3+ years of proven experience in implementing field-based FSL activities for Refugees, Returnees, IDPs
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required with Food Security and/or Nutrition interventions within humanitarian and/or development organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local context of Gedaref
- Demonstrated experience to provide technical training on agricultural skills and harvest handling and management
- Experience in working with Food Security Indicators: FCS, HDDS, Negative Food Coping Strategies
- Experience with start-up of new projects
- Demonstrated team working and problem solving skills
- Reporting skills
- Computer using skills specially Ms. Excel and Ms. Word.
Education and skills: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree or higher education in Agriculture, Natural Sciences or related field or equivalent work experience;
- Computer skills (including MS Office package).
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic.
- Good command in written and spoken English.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external).
- Area Manager DRC.
- FSL Team Leader.
- Technical staff and support staff at Area Office.
- HAC, UNOCHA, UNHCR and other humanitarian partners.
- State bodies in Gedaref.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 9 months
Salary range: 1026-1528 Based on Experience
Expected Start date: As soon as possible.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply:
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note.
Female candidates encouraged to apply.