Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
In positioning the WBG as an employer of choice and leader within the development community and to better respond to the diversified needs of the organization’s shareholders and staff, HRD has transformed its delivery model into the following pillars:
• Client Services Department that incorporates an end-to-end staffing model and supports the implementation of HR plans and processes. Under a federal model of delivery, the Bank and the IFC will each be supported by a Client Services Department for their respective organizations.
• Employment Policy, Compensation and Systems Department that provides an integrated approach to managing employment policy and staff rules, driving compensation and benefit programs, and supporting service solutions, systems and analytics.
• Performance, Career and Learning Department that brings together the entire talent management life-cycle to maximize and leverage innovative solutions and strategies for increasing the WBG’s organizational and individual performance and capabilities.
The HR Client Service Department is seeking to recruit 3 HR Analysts to provide high-level analytical support to the HR Managers/HR Business Partners and carry out periodic and project work aimed at improving the services of the teams in the following HR related areas: career development, performance and talent management, compensation, benefits, global mobility framework, and other HR related issues in a prompt manner.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Develop a strong understanding of the rationale underlying HR policies to guide staff and management in the interpretation of such policies & procedures.
• Support the implementation of overall HR Programs and deliverables.
• In collaboration with HR Business Partner(s), implement the Career Development and Mobility Framework including staff rotations and recruitments
• Use the existing HR information systems, conduct general research, analysis, and interpretation of data; provide information regarding staffing issues and prepare summary reports and presentations as needed to strengthen HR’s support business objectives and global footprint. This includes not only data retrieval but also interpretation and write-up of analysis and recommendations on an independent basis with minimum supervision.
• Provide ad-hoc salary and competitive promotion analysis as needed and guide the clients on such.
• Work across the teams to assist in the development of best practice reports, presentations, metrics that create consistent approaches and practices in these areas.
• In consultation with relevant subject matter experts, troubleshoot and problem-solve process and data issues when they arise and develop quality assurance practices to catch and resolve issues.
• Support HR Department’s initiative to improve data quality and accuracy in systems.
• Design innovative and customized reports and templates based on assessed client needs to fill information gaps and enable strategic decision making.
• Use developed templates, tools, and systems to manage HR processes, support client teams with the delivery and implementation of key HR products, processes, and services such as: performance management, talent management, recruitment, onboarding, workforce planning, Diversity and Inclusion etc.
• Prepare regular staffing analyses, formal reports, briefs, or presentations to the team and/or for guidance to clients.
• Master’s degree in Data Science, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering, Finance, or a similar field and 2 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong analytical skills; demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis; able to articulate issues and recommend solutions to aid management in decision-making
• Sound experience with data science: ability to undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data; analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns; Combine models through ensemble modeling; and present information using data visualization techniques
• Ability to support Senior Staff and Managers effectively
• Proficiency in all HR Systems and Microsoft Windows applications, namely Excel, Word and Power Point, including advanced spreadsheet design, lookup tables, manipulation, and analysis skills
• Solid knowledge of core HR areas: compensation/benefits; strategic staffing, learning and training; performance management, career development, staffing and recruitment, and case management
• Able to “roll up sleeves”; has the flexibility to engage in all aspects of HR work, from identification of issues to implementation of solutions
• Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills, ability to translate complex data for a variety of audiences, and experience with preparing client-ready materials
• Strong quality control orientation; attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
• Ability to build strong working relationships with counterparts across HRD and the World Bank Group
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.