UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN House located in Astana is managed by the Common Premises (CP) Team that is responsible for provision of maintenance services and support to the UN Agencies located in the House. Within the CP infrastructure, the ICT Unit is responsible for provision of ICT support to the UN Agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
ICT Clerk should provide daily technical support to users and computer equipment of UN CP Astana focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Providing ICT support to the tenants of UN CP and on ad-hoc basis and cost recovery basis to agencies located outside of the UN House;
- Providing support in installation of the computer, printing, copying equipment;
- Installation of the computer software;
- Conducting minor repairs of the hardware located in the UN House;
- Providing support in procuring the ICT equipment;
- Conducting market research required for procurement of the ICT equipment and software;
- Implementation and promotion of the green ICT technologies;
- Effective implementation of the UN corporate information management and technology standards, following the guidelines and procedures for the technology environment;
- Contributing to business processes mapping and development of internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Contributing to preparation of the results-oriented annual work plan for the ICT unit;
- Carrying out other tasks as required.
Under the direct supervision of Astana CP Manager and ICT Analyst, the ICT Clerk provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure, assists in maintaining LAN system and computer equipment, printing, copying. The ICT Clerk promotes a client-oriented approach in provision of all services.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Information Management & Technology. IT Customer Support: Ability to support customers on IT related issues and generate and contribute to continuous improvement processes to deliver a great user experience.
Information Management & Technology. Network, Communication and Infrastructure Management: Ability to develop/integrate/operate/manage IT network, communications, Cloud or on-premise infrastructure, and new technologies.
Information Management & Technology. IT Service Delivery & Operations: Ability to deliver the IT products and services to customers at the right level of Quality and Costs, taking into account user experience.
Business Management. Digital Awareness and Literacy: Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education or specialized certification in information technologies or technical science.
- 3 years of professional experience in user technical support and/or system administration.
- Technical support and administration of Windows 7-11 systems;
- Advanced experience with Office 2013-365;
- Connection and configuration of office equipment (printers, MFPs).
- Bachelor’s degree in information technologies or related field is an asset;
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Azure AD is an asset;
- Experience in administering Windows Server 2012/2016 servers is an asset;
- Experience with hypervisors and virtual machines based on them (Hyper-V, VMware) is an asset;
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting major Windows Server roles (AD DS, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, File and Storage services, Printer and Document Services, Web & Application Servers) is an asset;
- Experience in configuring network equipment (Cisco, D-Link) is an asset;
- Experience in web-development is an asset;
- Zoom/Teams based conferencing organization and support;
- UN experience is an asset.
Required Language(s): Fluency in English, Russian and/or Kazakh.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.