Result of Service
• NGOs, academics and private sector from selected countries are trained on the UNTOC review process
• Government experts and non-governmental stakeholders engage in dialogues with view to prevent and counter organized crime through Pilot Initiatives
• Government representatives and non-governmental stakeholders engage in countering organized crime during the Constructive Dialogues, and support is provided to ad hoc committee and UNCAC COSP10 preparations
55 working daysDuties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (CSU) and in coordination with both the anti-corruption and SE4U project teams, the individual contractor will be responsible for the following components of GLOU68 programme:
• Liaise with relevant UNODC offices in Vienna and in the field as well as with relevant NGOs, academics and the private sector.
• Coordinate the SE4U online courses.
• Coordinate the Pilot Initiative meetings in three selected countries under review.
• Support the implementation of the International Cooperation, Trafficking in Persons, and Smuggling of Migrants.
• Liaise within CSU, UNODC and with stakeholder participants to COSP10.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of two years of professional experience in an international environment covering the area of anticorruption or crime is required.
Proven professional expertise and practical experience in project management involving partners from different entities (UN, Governments, private sector, etc.) is required.
Proven working experience with UN programmes, policies, guidelines and procedures is required;
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, planning and organizing capabilities, leadership, technological awareness and capacity to work in a team are required.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.