Terms of Reference
The UNHCR Office for Switzerland and Liechtenstein is located in Bern and acts as a country office for the two countries. We work closely with the Swiss authorities, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and other relevant actors in Switzerland for the protection of asylum seekers, refugees and stateless people. We also work to find durable solutions for refugees.
To temporarily reinforce the capacity of our protection team, we are recruiting a protection expert with knowledge of the Swiss asylum system. The contractor will act as a focal point for all protection and information tasks related to the situation of refugees from Ukraine in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
Timeframe: 12 months on a 80% basis, starting 1 January 2023
Duty station: Bern
• Degree in law, political science or equivalent;
• Proven expertise in international refugee and human rights law and Swiss asylum law and practice;
• Excellent research and writing skills;
• Fluency in German and good knowledge of French and English.;
• Practical expertise with protection monitoring, particularly in relation to the situation of refugees from Ukraine is an asset.
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance