Information Technology Senior Associate – ITE/IPP
IT Governance and Project Management Office (PMO)
We are looking for an information technology PMO professional to work in the ITE Department who will help deliver value to our businesses by supporting the IT Governance Processes of the Bank, which includes the IT Project Management Office, IT Change Management, IT Demand Management, and IT Systems Accreditation Process.
ABOUT THE IDB:
At the Inter-American Development Bank, we are devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we have been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with groundbreaking research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative, and multicultural work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong dedication to gender equality. We encourage women, afro-descendants, Indigenous peoples, the LGBTQ+ Community, and persons with disabilities to apply. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at HRSC@iadb.org to request a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
What you will do:
- Work with project managers to provide input into the execution and performance of the IT Capital Projects Portfolio and maintain a repository of project artifacts, including but not limited to: Project Proposals, Project Charters, Project Plans, Work Breakdown Structures, Communications Plans and Risk Management plans.
- Coordinate PMO Presentation Meetings, Project Budget Plans and Review Meetings and provide input into the gating requirements.
- Enable project teams to live agile values by supporting the project teams’ decision-making autonomy, provide training in new agile frameworks, and retrofit the project management methodology.
- Coordinate with the IT Business Partners and the Operational Teams on the execution of their different projects, acting as trusted partner for PMs.
- Participate in the formulation of the Corporate Information Technology Portfolio by exercising strategic thinking in prioritizing capital investments by leading all aspects of the IT Capital Plan Project proposal process, coordinating the project prioritization and program rationalization.
- Participate in the modernization of the PMO office by supporting initiatives related to data, analytics, new methodologies, and a more flexible project management approach.
- Conduct other ITE Governance functions: IT Change Management, IT Demand Management, the IT systems accreditation process and IT Internal Controls framework.
- The successful candidate is expected to work under the limited supervision of the IT Governance Team Leader.
Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
Education: You hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Business Administration, Project Management, or related field.
Experience: You have at least three (3) years of relevant experience with at least (2) years working in multicultural environments delivering business technology services and solutions in financial services or human capital management organizations. Advanced level of Project Management practices are a must.
- Project Management Professional Certificate in good standing is a plus.
- Any industry known Agile certification preferred, such as SAFe POPM, or PMI-AC.
- Certifications related to IT Governance, such as CISA, CRISC, or CGEIT, are also desirable.
Languages: You are fluent (written and oral) in both English and Spanish; Knowledge of Portuguese and/or French considered a plus.
Technical Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
Core Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
About this position:
- Type of Contract: Staff International
- Length of contract: 3 years
- Business Unit: ITE/IPP
- Location: Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Responsible person: ???
WHAT WE OFFER
Contract type and duration: International staff contract, 36 months initially, renewable upon mutual agreement.
Vacations: 24 days + 8 personal days
Health insurance: the Bank subsidizes employee premium
Visa: we sponsor a visa to work in the USA for the employee and the family
Relocation grant if applicable
Are you passionate about improving lives in LAC and you comply with the requirements and qualifications? Apply! Our Talent Acquisition Team reviews every application.
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our employees are our number one priority. As a condition of employment, the IDB requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.