Location: Any MSF office*
Duration: 12 months
Starting date: January 2023
Deadline to apply: 11 December 2022
*By default, the successful candidate will be offered a contract in the MSF office of their country of residence at the time of application.
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 24 sections, 25 associations and other offices together. Registered in Switzerland, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The Inter OD Security Agreement (ISA) is an overarching set of principles and practices on security management agreed upon by the 5 Directors of Operations in April 2017. The objective is to enhance staff security and enable operations. With each Operational Centers security policy, the ISA constitutes the MSF security management framework.
This position has been created to support the ISA PM on specific tasks.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the position of the ISA Information Manager is to support the ISA Project Manager on:
- information management,
- data cleaning, analytics and visualisation,
- technical support in implementation and maintenance of Sindy Software for registering security and safety incident reports,
- supporting in data cleaning and analysis and participate in the production of the yearly RIOD security report.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Inter OC Missions SharePoint sites:
- Reach out to desks where multiple OC intervene in coordination with ISA PM and check if need SharePoint Missions site.
- Develop new sites as required and ensure maintenance and troubleshooting of existing ones. Including training to users, manage permissions, update documents and develop features if needed.
- Fully test existing Missions SharePoint sites, identify glitches and address them.
- Participate in SFP meetings, write MoM and track decisions.
- Support in tracking decisions made in relation to ISA implementation in countries.
- Relay, compile and synthetize relevant information between different platforms as required. (casualties with HR dept, ILD-SIMM-ISA Meetings, etc).
Data cleaning, analytics and visualisation.
- Develop Analysis and visualisation tools, country/context specific to support field and HQ decision makers related to MSF security and safety incidents. Within Sindy 4.0 and PBI.
Support in Sindy implementation and regular maintenance
- Support SFPs and field teams in troubleshooting with Sindy.
- Track problems that cannot be solved directly and follow up with Intelex (ticket opening and follow up).
- Compile suggestions on User and Admin Manuals and update them as needed.
- Enhancements tracking and follow up implementation with ISA PM.
RIOD Security Yearly report:
- Provide support as needed in gathering, cleaning (GDPR compliant) and analysing data monthly reviews and follow up with SFPs.
- Participate in analysis, support on follow up of specific context analysis.
- IT proficiency
- MSF operational experience field and HQ an asset.
- Familiar in working on security with MSF, at ease with existing data collection, analysis tools on security and safety related information.
- Capacity to engage with stakeholders at HQ (SFP) and field (end users for Sindy and managers of missions SharePoint)
- Responsive to requests, capacity to work autonomously and multitask.
- Project management and planning.
- Language proficiency in English, French an asset.
- Confidentiality agreement to be signed as there is management of sensitive information from all OCs.
- Specific technical skills: Proficiency in Excel, PowerBi, SharePoint, Information Management systems, Data Base cleaning & management. Understanding of Sindy 4.0 data base. Basics of coding to be able to liaise and implement recommendations from supplier of Sindy 4.0.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.