|Posting Title:||IT Consultant (Single Window front end developer)|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Conference on Trade and Development|
|Posting Period:||20 November 2022 – 26 November 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-United Nations Conference on Trade and Development-194720-Consultant|
Result of Service
The Consultant’s services should ensure the upgrade and enhancement of ASYCUDA ICT tools for the Single Window to facilitate trade and enhance interoperability between Customs and other governmental agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
UNCTAD with the support of UNDP Turkmenistan is implementing the Single Window for Export and Import Operations, based on the ASYCER platform. Under the supervision of the ASYCUDA Regional Coordinator for Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Afghanistan, the incumbent will be responsible for the development of front-end solutions for the Single Window and in this context is expected to undertake the following duties:
– development of the ASYCER frontend intermediate version in accordance with the functional/technical specifications developed by UNCTAD.
– development of the second version of ASYCER frontend-application (web) for Electronic Certificates of Conformity developed in accordance with the functional/technical specifications of UNCTAD and approved by the competent ministry/agency
– development of the second version of ASYCER frontend Declarations of Conformity developed and integrated with Certificate of Conformity in accordance with the functional/technical specifications of UNCTAD and approved by the competent ministry/agency
– development of the second version of ASYCER frontend-application for Electronic Phytosanitary Import Certificates and Phytosanitary Quarantine Permits for the Control of Import of Products in accordance with the functional/technical specifications developed by UNCTAD and approved by the competent ministry/agency
– development of the ASYCER frontend Electronic Procedure Permits of Compliance in the Field of Sanitary and Epidemiological Well-being in accordance with the functional/ technical specifications developed by UNCTAD and approved by the competent ministry/agency
– development of the first version of ASYCER frontend -application for Permit for import/export of ozone-depleting and other substances and products developed in accordance with the functional/technical specifications developed by UNCTAD and approved by the competent ministry/agency
– providing assistance to ASYCUDA team in testing, finetuning and further deployment of the developed Single Window components
Bachelor degree in information technology, engineering, mathematics or related area
Experience of work in ICT sector as front-end and back-end developer of enterprise software products is required. Experience of design, development, testing and piloting complex ICT applications, Experience in Java and Angular programming language.
Experience in providing IT services to government organizations related to import-export operations or working in public sector will be considered a strong advantage.
Experience with customer support such as help desk or customer support.
Knowledge of Java, Angular, PHP, SQL, Linux, HTML, server programming, PostgreSQL, ORACLE and database information system will be considered as a strong advantage
Experience of developing Single Window or e-Customs ICT applications is an advantage, experience of work in international environment is an advantage. Experience of working in the transition economies region would be an advantage
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.