WFP is the Largest Humanitarian Organization in the World and 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Winner!
WFP Turkey Country Office is looking for an IT Operations Assistant SC5 based in Gaziantep/Turkiye. Apply no later than 29 March 2023!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Education: Completion of university degree. A post-graduate certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility. Turkish is desirable.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
1. Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they run effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
4. Respond to various queries about technology and systems to assist WFP staff in delivering their services.
5. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff uses standard technology and systems effectively.
6. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
7. Assist in maintaining information records, such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organized.
8. Support the Installation, operation, and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
9. Support the development of standard material, such as training documentation and web content, on behalf of senior officers to ensure staff has access to required information about IT services and products.
10. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
11. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met
12. Assist in the technical maintenance and update of the IT and Communication equipment pool.
13. Assist the local IT Infrastructure, Systems and Services in compliance with WFP policies, and standards.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs) and Area Offices (AOs). The Job holders report to a Head of the Office or Information Technology Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
Annual Leave Entitlement : 1.83 days per month.
Medical Insurance: Private comprehensive medical insurance plan for staff members and dependents (spouse, child or children)
Duration of the contract: 12 months (renewable)
Deadline: No later than 29 March 2023
Nationality and Residency: The applicant should be either a Turkish national or have a valid Turkish residence at the time of application.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.