WFP is the Largest Humanitarian Organization in the World and 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Winner!
WFP Türkiye Country Office is looking for an IT Solutions Developer SC8 based in Ankara/Turkey. Apply no later than 20 March 2023!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Türkiye delivers assistance to vulnerable beneficiaries through our various programmes. Beneficiary data is managed in an in-house system called Monitoring Information System (MIS). This system is responsible for beneficiary enrolment, beneficiary status tracking, payment list generation, and reconciliation of assistance transfers after receiving reports from the Financial Service Provider (FSP). The system also acts as a data warehousing and ETL tool. The Country Office (CO) also contracted a software vendor who are currently developing a mobile application to be used for attendance tracking and content sharing in one of our programmes. The control panel of this app is also integrated into the MIS. In addition to the MIS, the CO also has another in-house system developed with the same technologies, responsible for tracking of monitoring activities. The Monitoring & Evaluation Database System (MEDS) supports field colleagues to log and track field visits, issues encountered in the field and referrals made to other agencies.
A software engineer with data analysis skills is needed to maintain the CO systems in accordance with corporate WFP IT standards, refactor or add new features to the systems as new requirements arise, and perform ad-hoc as well as recuring data analysis using SQL queries, Tableau dashboards and/or other data analysis tools.
Education: Advanced University degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with at least 5 years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Turkish language.
1. Resolving system vulnerabilities of the MIS in consultation with WFP RBC/HQ IT Teams;
2. Preparing the system to upload targeted data to SCOPE
3. Support the development and implementation of modern integrated IT solutions supporting WFP business needs.
4. Prepare clear technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions to facilitate IT systems development and maintenance.
5. Perform unit and integrated testing of new, enhanced, or fixed code to ensure complete coverage of code and adherence to technical specifications.
6. Participate in the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines, and procedures.
7. Participate in the release of IT systems and provide early life support to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
8. Contribute to the analysis, maintenance and upgrade of IT systems and troubleshoot, fix problems, and make recommendations for system improvements.
9. Contribute to the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT systems.
10. Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
11. Perform data analysis and data visualization, and integrate recuring analysis and visualizations into the data management system
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.|
|Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization||Utilises working knowledge of project and change management approaches to collect and analyse relevant data from multiple stakeholders to develop evidence-based business case for change.|
|Technical Expertise||Exhibits deep technical knowledge in area of expertise and actively transfers knowledge to strengthen the skill base across the function; considers the most appropriate use of technical resources to ensure skill development and optimization of resource allocation.|
|Requirement Definition & Management||Exhibits thorough understanding of business areas and processes to define, prioritize and customize IT infrastructure solutions to requirements.|
|System Design||Able to analyze broad product/service functionality to coordinate design of new technology or assist in technology integration/enhancements.|
|Solution Development||Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents programs from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools.|
• Experience in developing ASP.NET MVC | ASP.NET Core MVC applications with C#
• Proficient knowledge in MSSQL / PostgreSQL / any other RDBMS
• Database designing and administration
• Experience with developing and consuming REST APIs
• Understanding of code versioning tools using Git/DevOps/TFS
• Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
• Strong ability to craft analysis independently
• Ability to communicate with senior management and stakeholders
• Knowledge of Unit testing / Test Driven Development
• Familiar with Sharp Architect and NHibernate
• Implementing enterprise application patterns
• Dependency injection pattern
• Familiarity with the client-side framework jQuery and CoffeeScript
• Tableau dashboards and data sources development
• Has assisted in the design and development of systems and applications needed to fulfil business requirements.
• Has utilized specialized knowledge to resolve issues arising during IT support.
• Has contributed to IT projects by providing analysis of business requirements.
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
Annual Leave Entitlement : 1.83 days per month.
Medical Insurance: Private comprehensive medical insurance plan for staff members and dependents (spouse, child or children)
Duration of the contract: 12 months (renewable)
Apply no later than 20 March 2023!
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.