Result of Service
Achieve improved awareness and use of ECA Knowledge Services and products through innovative marketing and client-oriented practices and prepare well researched marketing materialsWork Location
The successful candidates will be hired for a period of six months at a monthly gross salary of 4,500 USD.
An extension of contract is requested for six months.
The ECA Knowledge Services Section plays a key role in the Commission’s knowledge management activities and significantly impact the quality of its knowledge products and services. The mission of the Library, as a central catalyst for organizational effectiveness, is to continuously enrich and add value to the Commission’s knowledge ecosystem, by providing reliable access to high quality information resources and services.
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is in the Knowledge Services Section, Public Information and Knowledge Management Division of the Economic Commission for Africa. The incumbent reports directly to the Team Lead of the Outreach and Client Engagement Unit and overall to the Chief of Knowledge Services Section.
Scope of work
The Knowledge and Library Services Section (KLSS) would like to request the recruitment of a Junior Consultant support the function of Outreach and Client Engagement to ensure that the ECA knowledge products and services are marketed effectively within ECA and external reaching to the target audience.
1. Assist with the development of the ECA Multimedia Repository as well as keeping active liaison with the Communications Section to ensure that all multimedia knowledge products emanating from the Eca events are tagged and captured and accessed from the ECA Knowledge Repository;
2. Assist with the development and implementation of marketing strategy for ECA Knowlegde services and products ensuring maximum visibility and accessibility within ECA, UN and member states to ensure an increased uptake of ECA knowledge public awareness through social media campaigns;
3. Assist with the Knowledge Management Services promotional and advocacy messaging and campaigns, and ensuring messages are in line with ECA brand guidelines, and tailored for different target audience segments.
4. Draft, compile and proofread KMSS multimedia content, including brochures, fact sheets, KMSS website content, newsletters, videos, animated videos, photos, social media for online and offline marketing;
5. Prepare monthly reporting with statistics, charts, and analysis on promotional and campaign activities throughout the month, evaluating ECA knowledge products and services usage through the different promotional channels including SM, offline promotion, and conference exhibitions;
6. Manage the Library’s Social Media channels and develop and implement strategies on relevant social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, ensuring consistent branding to extend the reach and impact of ECA knowledge products and services.
7. Monitored use of social media to identifying best practices and innovative uses of social media that could be adapted by KMSS to promote ECA knowledge Services with the aim of improving metrics on social media (Facebook and Twitter), with higher-quality engagement with followers
8. Update KM Services online platforms and website and affiliated divisional microsites with timely, relevant, engaging and innovative content, to raise awareness of ECA’s knowledge services and products;
9. Develop and implement a strategy to improve ECA knowledge sharing through the ECA Knowledge Repository social media function and other tools and prepare metrics and analytics, and monitor engagement levels using online monitoring and analysis tools;
10. Develop and promote in-house library displays that coincide with ECA conferences and events and proactively support ECA divisions to distribute new publications as well organize cultural activities including exhibitions, knowledge fairs and Library tours;
11. Assist with the publishing of KMSS monthly E-resources update and translation for KMSS announcements;
12. Train staff in social media and media relations best practices.
13. Carry out any other assignments as directed by the supervisors
Academic Qualifications: university degree (Master’s Degree or academic equivalent) is required. Diploma / Degree in Journalism & Information/ Communication Studies or equivalent is required
Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in Knowledge repository of information resources including video, photos documents and audiovisual for the film project.
Language: English and French are the working Languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this advertisement, fluency in oral and written English and French is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.