Position: Project Officer – 1 position
Reports to: LFS Team leader
Supervision of: LFS Project Assistants
Duty station: Akobo Count, Jonglei State
Project number: FAO-RALP
Duration and type of contract: 6 Months with possibility of extension
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the project assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the RALP programme in Akobo.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the casual worker’s services agreement.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
Scale and scope of position
|Stakeholders:||Key external stakeholders the post has relationships with (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies)|
|Information:||Brief description of the information resources the post holder is responsible for at CO level N/A|
|Legal or compliance:||Brief description of any legal or compliance responsibility the post holder has (term of employment, vendors, donors)|
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a project assistant, community mobiliser/ agriculture extension worker in FSL programmes in humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
• Must have some high secondary /Diploma in Agriculture and degree will be an advantage
• Knowledge of the context in Akobo County
• Knowledge in Community Mobilization or related field.
• Knowledge of the Local language is an advantage.
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
The Project officer will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description/casual services agreement
• The code of conduct
• The activity work plan