WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 679331
📢 Job Title: Logistics Associate (Warehouse Management)
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Supply Chain Unit / WFP Ukraine
📍 Duty Station: Odesa, Ukraine
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
⏰ Closing date: 7 April, midnight (Central European Time)
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
You will be responsible for supporting the logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
The war in Ukraine continues to displace people, damage infrastructure, disrupt supply chains and hold back the country’s economy. One in three households is estimated to be food-insecure, rising to one in two in some areas of the east and south. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Almost 6 million Ukrainians are internally displaced and nearly 8 million are living as refugees in Europe. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Those who returned are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble.
WFP supports 3 million people every month in Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line.
➡️ WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
➡️ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
➡️ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
➡️ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
➡️ WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus a medical insurance.
Join us to make a difference in 🇺🇦 Ukraine, watch this video to know more about us!!
1. Provide specialized support to the logistics and supply chain operations and activities, following standard processes and procedures and thereby contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Effectively Plan and manage warehouse operations to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of food and non-food commodities.
3. Oversee warehouse operations and manage the kitting process, ensuring the effective functioning of the production.
4. Manage third party Warehouse providers, checking procedures are strictly followed, coordinate with superintendent and make sure quality controls are done prior to dispatches and loading.
5. Manage documentation process for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues.
6. Undertake monthly and annual stock counting physically and systematically. Identify discrepancies and report them.
7. Ensure capturing of real-time transactions for receipts and dispatches in WFP warehouse, adherence to the corporate commodity tracking system and alignment of data between physical stocks and data in LESS.
8. Ensure effective execution of warehouse and inventory management practices following WFP standards and procedures, including regular commodity and warehouse inspection, sanitary measures, pest control, and ensure losses are minimized at WFP warehouse. Terms of Reference Service Contract Holder (SC)
9. Support gathering market intelligence and participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the performance of service providers (e.g transporters, warehouse handling company, superintendent).
10. Supervise the work of warehouse staff, providing practical advice and guidance to ensure high performance standards and that individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
11. Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education or Diploma in related field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Ability to effectively communicate in Ukrainian.
Skills and Competencies:
• Good Communication Skills: Ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to engage effectively at field level with a wide range of actors including those in the international humanitarian community and governments.
• Working in a team: Ability to work within a team setting and working well with other team members to realize a collective objective.
• Work under pressure: Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements under high pressure environments.
Experience: Six (6) or more years of progressively responsible work experience in logistics, supply chain or another related field.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To be considered, you are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.